• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 E55

Looks lovely and very low miles but it was up for £15k in 2019 when I think the current owner got it..... values of cars as we all know, goes up and down but something to make you aware of

Previously Seen Adverts​

We have seen this registration advertised with the following details:
DateDescriptionMileagePrice
23/05/2019Mercedes, Petrol, Silver, 5439cc37,000£14,950

Number Of Previous Keepers4
Issue Date Of Latest V531/05/2019
Start Date Of Current Keeper31/05/2019
Date Of Previous Keeper Acquisition10/05/2018
Date Of Previous Keeper Disposal31/05/2019
Date Of Third Keeper Acquisition23/03/2015
Date Of Third Keeper Disposal10/05/2018
Date Of Fourth Keeper Acquisition07/01/2005
Date Of Fourth Previous Keeper Disposal23/03/2015
Vehicle Registration Mark (Change 1)Y60GRS
Vehicle Registration Mark (Change 2)KX04LRR

Also, looking at the last pic where it shows the scratch, you can also see how heavily perished the tyre is. It's had an advisory on tyres since 2019 and it doesn't seem like they've been changed.
Does that mean that the car has gone to a friendly garage for MOT's as they haven't been mentioned on the last three MOT's even though it's clear that the tyres are perished? Anything else that might need doing to the car? It could also be an old photo and the tyres have been changed since?

I'm not trying to knock the car but as you've asked for opinions I thought I'd mention what I can see. If you do go to see the car, go there with your eyes open and be prepared that it might need some money spending

The W211 E class is my fav E class and I would love to own one at some point but I'm looking for an unusual colour car

Last edited:
Looks lovely and very low miles but it was up for £15k in 2019 when I think the current owner got it..... values of cars as we all know, goes up and down but something to make you aware of

Previously Seen Adverts​

We have seen this registration advertised with the following details:
DateDescriptionMileagePrice
23/05/2019Mercedes, Petrol, Silver, 5439cc37,000£14,950

Number Of Previous Keepers4
Issue Date Of Latest V531/05/2019
Start Date Of Current Keeper31/05/2019
Date Of Previous Keeper Acquisition10/05/2018
Date Of Previous Keeper Disposal31/05/2019
Date Of Third Keeper Acquisition23/03/2015
Date Of Third Keeper Disposal10/05/2018
Date Of Fourth Keeper Acquisition07/01/2005
Date Of Fourth Previous Keeper Disposal23/03/2015
Vehicle Registration Mark (Change 1)Y60GRS
Vehicle Registration Mark (Change 2)KX04LRR

Also, looking at the last pic where it shows the scratch, you can also see how heavily perished the tyre is. It's had an advisory on tyres since 2019 and it doesn't seem like they've been changed.
Does that mean that the car has gone to a friendly garage for MOT's as they haven't been mentioned on the last three MOT's even though it's clear that the tyres are perished? Anything else that might need doing to the car? It could also be an old photo and the tyres have been changed since?

I'm not trying to knock the car but as you've asked for opinions I thought I'd mention what I can see. If you do go to see the car, go there with your eyes open and be prepared that it might need some money spending

The W211 E class is my fav E class and I would love to own one at some point but I'm looking for an unusual colour car
I was hazarding a guess @ 15k…

Lovely looking car. I'm hoping mine will be worth something like that at 10 years old (OK double the miles of this car though).

To be fair older AMG prices have risen in the last five years, so I wouldn’t worry about what the previous owner paid. It’s all about what it’s worth to someone today, not what it was worth in 2019 IMHO :)

Agreed about the scratch and the tyre though!

He has a handful of tidy mercs for sale, I live in the same town but luckily they are all overpriced so of very little interest to me.

Odd not to have dealt with the front bumper scratch for someone that seems quite picky in general.

Lovely car, despite the observations about its condition. As mentioned, expect to spend a bit on it.
I'd certainly be looking at this if I wanted to get another E55, but not at that price!

There does seem to be a trend upwards on the pricing of these older AMGs and I do wonder if the owners actually get close to their asking prices.
Far more modern AMG's can be had for the same money and I don't get the love for the older stuff that is so (IMO)overpriced.

Lovely car, despite the observations about its condition. As mentioned, expect to spend a bit on it.
I'd certainly be looking at this if I wanted to get another E55, but not at that price!

There does seem to be a trend upwards on the pricing of these older AMGs and I do wonder if the owners actually get close to their asking prices.
Far more modern AMG's can be had for the same money and I don't get the love for the older stuff that is so (IMO)overpriced.
Have you seen the prices of 80s and 90s performance icons though?

A friend went to Essen last week and some of the prices are eye watering. When I first got into 190s you could buy an Evo-II for £30k, they’re almost £300k now.

How about the C43 thread - these seem to have doubled in price in the last 5-10 years.

Even relatively modern stuff like the 6.2 63s seems to have bottomed out now :)

It’s pretty much a £10k premium for a 40k miler vs. an average (140k miler say)

To some it will be a worthwhile premium and/or seen as an opportunity to secure a near perfect example.

To others it will be seen as too much.

I reckon this example is decent but as said already, judging by the pic it needs to be better for the money.

Or for a little bit more😱

That would make half that price @ auction…

Coming from someone that has driven a Mercedes CL63AMG with the 6.2 V8 but also owns S classes, the one I would go for would be this one Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

The V12 Biturbo engine makes the S class a special car imho
There is no comparison between the 6.2 naturally aspirated engine and the V12 BiTurbo [ for the S class as I can't comment for other models ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom