• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 E55k Red battery warning.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
Hi all,

Red battery warning appeared on my 2003 E55k over the past couple of weeks. Car drives perfectly fine, I put it on the iCarsoft MB II machine, and getting Fault 9092; component G1/7 axillary battery defective or not installed.

So as a matter of precaution, I went a bit overkill.. Replacing brand new Genuine aux battery, new Genuine main battery, new Genuine aux battery relay and new Genuine aux battery relay fuse...

The new batteries were manufactured few months back, and as I say, are genuine MB parts.

I Tried to clear the code on the machine after replacing parts, but still will not clear, and the battery light remains on.... Car producing healthy voltage, 13V static and 14.3V when running...... Can't understand why the aux battery relay is showing 0 volts on the MB II machine's status. Find some pictures attached.... any ideas??? Thanks in advance..1729437784701.png1729437848758.png1729437902806.pngprocessed-780DF6BD-DE98-4820-BFCB-FFB21929DCEB.jpeg

Someone said the wire going the fuse F30 was causing this fault? Where are you checking the readout, at the main battery or aux?

If the OBD isn't seeing any voltage, a continuity test on the aux battery lead would be good to do?

If the OBD isn't seeing any voltage, a continuity test on the aux battery lead would be good to do?
Would I need to trace back to bcm in the boot any ideas which one to identify to test? Thanks.

aux batt is the one under the pollen filter airbox in the engine bay, not the big one.

aux batt is the one under the pollen filter airbox in the engine bay, not the big one.
Yes but was wanting to know where the positive cable from the aux battery ends up so I can trace it back. Is there any point in line fuse somewhere?? Also it’s now reading a voltage in the datastream on the icarsoft but only around 9 volts. The code does now clear but almost comes back straight away.

That does sounds like a possible loose or bad connection? I'll take a look at mine and see what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom