W211 sport camber bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Any of you fine folks know the part numbers for front and rear camber bolts? Or somewhere to get after market ones what will do the job? . Had 4 wheel alignment done 2 years ago and camber was a nats out so left it. But rears still have plenty on but both in inners have worn so new tyres are needed . One has a split in which I assume has been cut by something but it's also very worn in this area. Only noticed whilst on the ramp have new tyres on the front. Needless to say it's been an expensive day buying all 4 new tyres.

Hi,
I believe the rear ones are already fitted at least they were on my CLS 219 which has the same under pinnings as the 211.

chances are if they are fitted , someone adjusted it before.

Hi,
I believe the rear ones are already fitted at least they were on my CLS 219 which has the same under pinnings as the 211.
So would they be the inboard bolts as in closest the diff or wheel hub end?

I didn't think you could do the rear camber?

You can adjust the toe via the Cross Rod as it has adjustment (hex/torx) but I thought the only way to adjust the camber was with one of the after market arms with adjustment on it.

Hi,
Apologies, pmcgsmurf is absolutely correct, what was being adjusted on my was rear toe not camber.
From the factory camber cannot be adjusted, though you can buy aftermarket replacement arms which enable you to adjust it.

Here you go this is what I fitted to the front on mine
f3e8b19fb138c695c481263ceff4cad9.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

Here you go this is what I fitted to the front on mine
f3e8b19fb138c695c481263ceff4cad9.jpg

Did they do the job and how much were they ? Know I need rears but they might fit the back. Booked in for alignment check Saturday.

Did they do the job and how much were they ? Know I need rears but they might fit the back. Booked in for alignment check Saturday.
Off top of my head £27 rings a bell, it did pull camber in a good bit but you will never achieve no camber hold on and I will see if I have the print out to show you what the camber was in degrees after fitting

Yeah camber was still 2 degrees out after camber bolts were fitted factory is just under half a degree tyres still wear the insides ffs in the end I just gave up!
399ff715f33b49a0ad70351ae3eaf7b4.jpg
4d1775aef9b8efdff1e00e5f953251ff.jpg

I bought febi 21560 bolts too... I bought 4 in total, 2 for castor and 2 for camber. I'll be replacing everything on my front end though with the exception of the axle carrier bushes. Given that the adjustment range is really not that much you might want to consider whether your ball joints have gone and or any other bushes. I don't think bolts can correct failed components.

I bought febi 21560 bolts too... I bought 4 in total, 2 for castor and 2 for camber. I'll be replacing everything on my front end though with the exception of the axle carrier bushes. Given that the adjustment range is really not that much you might want to consider whether your ball joints have gone and or any other bushes. I don't think bolts can correct failed components.
Also... is there a guide on this forum for fitting these bolts? Is there a special procedure? Since I'll be replacing the arms, I'm guessing i can place them with relative ease as a lot of the load will be off of the arms.

Yeah camber was still 2 degrees out after camber bolts were fitted factory is just under half a degree tyres still wear the insides ffs in the end I just gave up!
399ff715f33b49a0ad70351ae3eaf7b4.jpg
4d1775aef9b8efdff1e00e5f953251ff.jpg

My fronts are fine it's the rears20181017_093452.jpg

I've been told I've got inside wear on the rear. So I'm redoing the front ...

Can you buy anything to mess with the camber at the back? Apart from those camber adjustable arms.
This was why I posted originally . Going for pro alignment Saturday so I'll post results .

A bit strange your rears are wearing from the inside.

My rears wear in the middle lol, WIM advised that these high powered, rear wheel drive cars generally wear the rear middle tyre, so it’s normal.

There is no OEM camber bolt adjustment for the rear, you will need to go aftermarket.

I got a full set of camber bolts (4x) up front and all my readings are in green (within spec.), my car is lowered as well.

Last edited:
A bit strange your rears are wearing from the inside.

My rears wear in the middle lol, WIM advised that these high powered, rear wheel drive cars generally wear the rear middle tyre, so is normal.

There is no OEM camber bolt adjustment for the rear, you will need to go aftermarket.

I got a full set of camber bolts (4x) up front and all my readings are in green (within spec.), my car is lowered as well.
What about your rear? As I'm contemplating getting the bilstein b12 kit.

Also... is there a guide on this forum for fitting these bolts? Is there a special procedure? Since I'll be replacing the arms, I'm guessing i can place them with relative ease as a lot of the load will be off of the arms.
You need to figure out which way you want to move the components (pushing or pulling). These bolts can only be installed in 2 positions, the groves in the bolts need to catch onto the metal parts inside of the bush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom