W212 Command/radio/satnav off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W212Chris

Car
W212
Hi all,

Over the past couple of days my stereo starting playing up in that the sound stopped working. Satnav etc worked but no volume. Today the complete unit is now off and will not power on. Also the DISTRONIC is now showing as not available.

I have read somewhere that this usually points towards a Battery issue, but can anyone advise further ?

Chris

Dying battery will prevent COMAND from turning on. But so will lots of other things. Get your battery checked / changed !

R

Low voltage does bring spurious messages and faults with Mercedes.

First thing is check the voltage of both main battery in the engine bay and the aux battery in the boot (assuming you have stop/start)
A cheap multi meter can give you the readings and you are looking for at least 12.6v for fully charged batteries ( nearer 12.8v for AGM)
Measure the voltage without starting the engine. If the batteries are original or over 4yrs old, they could be failing.
68151.jpg

Thank you guys,

I am going to get the multimeter onto both batteries today. She doesnt have stop/start fitted, so its off with the side of the dashboard for me this morning.

Chris

Low voltage does bring spurious messages and faults with Mercedes.

First thing is check the voltage of both main battery in the engine bay and the aux battery in the boot (assuming you have stop/start)
A cheap multi meter can give you the readings and you are looking for at least 12.6v for fully charged batteries ( nearer 12.8v for AGM)
Measure the voltage without starting the engine. If the batteries are original or over 4yrs old, they could be failing.
View attachment 148837
Hi , you must have worked for Mercedes !

Well readings for both are as follows:

Aux 12.4
Main Battery 12.1 but now charged (AGM) 14V.

Command still does not work :(

Well readings for both are as follows:

Aux 12.4
Main Battery 12.1 but now charged (AGM) 14V.

Command still does not work :(
Get in touch with the guy in Post#2 at Comand Online
There is obviously a more serious problem than low voltage, but it was worth a look first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom