W212 E350 Build "The Boat"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP - really like the dropped look a lot. Rear looks good........wonder if you need something on the right hand side to "mirror" the "E350".
Thank you appreciate it :)

Ah don't get me started on that I've had countless conversations in my head for weeks as to what to do lol originally i thought a black amg badge as it is an "amg line" then i thought i just cant be bothered with the "real" amg boys getting on there high horse and slating me for it lol to be fair i actually did think some came from the factory with an amg badge and some didn't as it does look factory (when the badge is fitted straight) lol, then i joined this forum and found out its basically the anti christ ha, also thought about de badging but I'm proud its an E350 to be fair so fancied a change as i normally de badge my cars so ended up just putting the one badge and i like it :)

Bleedy hell how many times did i say badge then 👀

Ah don't get me started ...............

Okay this will blow your mind.............................have you considered a coachline o_O.

BTW an AMG badge adds a least 20bhp/38Nm. :)

Okay this will blow your mind.............................have you considered a coachline o_O.

BTW an AMG badge adds a least 20bhp/38Nm. :)
Lol i have heard those badges carry some magical wizardry but an extra 20hp/38nm is to much power for me i couldn't handle it 🤪

Sorry what's a coachline i just googled it and I'm still lost 😩😅

Sorry what's a coachline i just googled it and I'm still lost 😩😅
Thin stripe. (I think) :)

I did briefly look into something similar to the edition 1's but they are a little out there so i left it at that (along with the amg badge lol) never thought about a thinner decal though, might be worth looking into, ill give it ago after you 👍🤣

Another update:

I've repainted the stock wheels gloss black i was torn between matt, satin or gloss but i seen a silver m3 with gloss black wheels, mirrors ect and thought it looked nice so that swayed me towards the gloss, i think they look ok defiantly give it a more aggressive look and less taxi spec obviously wheels are a personal preference and some may dis like and that's fine but they look good to me and gave me the look i was going for from the start :)

Also colour coded the front grille surround and lower chrome front bumper trim to match the rear of the car.

WARNING MANY PICTURES INCOMING 🙈 🤪 shame the sun wasn't out though :confused:

bw 1.JPG
bw2.JPG
bw3.JPG
bw5.JPG
bw7.JPG
bw8.JPG
bw9.JPG

As stated at the start of this build thread ill post the good the bad and the ugly and this last week has been a bit of a let down, the callipers were supposed to be coming off and being stripped down by a local mechanic so i could paint them in the carbon ceramic gold that amg uses at the same time as repainting my wheels black but he let me down and the callipers are still stock so the wheels look unfinished, i knew the black wheels would hide some depth and almost create a black blob in pictures but the plan was to have the gold callipers behind almost as the centre piece and give the wheels a bit of colour and pop when you look at them, so yeah that was the first issue.

Now onto todays drama, i had the car booked in for both back boxes to be cut open and de baffled (effectively a straight through) and yeah that was a fail....the guy did a great job showed me pictures and had a bin bag full of the baffling then obviously welded it all up and this was done on the top of the back box's so it still looks oem when on a ramp all in a great job the issue is £120 later and it sounds exactly the same and i mean EXACTLY! very very disappointed, I've heard these engines with a back box delete and mines not changed at all so god knows what's still left hiding inside.....

Frustrating week with the car.

Yep, that's a tad annoying, but keep at it, your motors coming along nicely, looks great. :cool: :)👍

did he actually put pipe into the boxes to complete the straight effect? I doubt he did so it will just be a massive echo chamber and will swallow the noise, straight pipe it, the catalyst and the DPF ( they have both ) along with the Turbo is very effective at silencing it anyway

did he actually put pipe into the boxes to complete the straight effect? I doubt he did so it will just be a massive echo chamber and will swallow the noise, straight pipe it, the catalyst and the DPF ( they have both ) along with the Turbo is very effective at silencing it anyway
I've come to realise he should of removed the baffling inside the boxes, he said he didn't no if he should of took that out or not so he left it in, long story short he should of removed it, and yes the dpf's being removed when it gets remapped, but that's all on hold for now as the cars on the back burner for a bit, needs must an all that.

Removing the DPF will make it an MOT fail. What’s the point? If you want performance surely spend the money on a proper map? Those 350s can make GREAT power with a decent map at companies like BigFish without messing with the emissions systems.

Removing the DPF will make it an MOT fail. What’s the point? If you want performance surely spend the money on a proper map? Those 350s can make GREAT power with a decent map at companies like BigFish without messing with the emissions systems.
most remappers will remove the DPF anyway, also if your in excess of 100k the chances are the DPF is past its useful life and will start to cause issues with constant cycles which leads to poor consumption and eventually the breakdown or blocking of the DPF or inline catalyst, the same can be said of the EGR which does nothing for the life of the Engine, yes legally its an MOT failure but if the cannisters in place how do they prove its not there?
Mine produces no more smoke than it did before and despite producing more power and torque it actually uses less fuel when driven the same, we can argue the merits or not of a DPF until the cows come home but in reality they cannot be made to work reliably which is why Diesels are being driven off the road. My 3 litre Diesel that produces 300+ hp and does 44 Mpg on average is now classed as more environmentally unfriendly than a 1.6 litre petrol turbo that does 35mpg, has a lifespan of probably 3-5 Years and will require numerous chemical cleans in its lifetime to keep it operational due to all its emissions equipment.
As an example the last Petrol we owned my which was my Wifes Peugeot 1.6 petrol Turbo had to be decarbonised at 18000 miles and was showing the same symptoms 10k miles later, I thought decarbs went out with the 60s but its becoming increasingly common, she has now gone back to a diesel, drives better, uses less fuel and will last a hell of a lot longer

most remappers will remove the DPF anyway, also if your in excess of 100k the chances are the DPF is past its useful life and will start to cause issues with constant cycles which leads to poor consumption and eventually the breakdown or blocking of the DPF or inline catalyst, the same can be said of the EGR which does nothing for the life of the Engine, yes legally its an MOT failure but if the cannisters in place how do they prove its not there?
Mine produces no more smoke than it did before and despite producing more power and torque it actually uses less fuel when driven the same, we can argue the merits or not of a DPF until the cows come home but in reality they cannot be made to work reliably which is why Diesels are being driven off the road. My 3 litre Diesel that produces 300+ hp and does 44 Mpg on average is now classed as more environmentally unfriendly than a 1.6 litre petrol turbo that does 35mpg, has a lifespan of probably 3-5 Years and will require numerous chemical cleans in its lifetime to keep it operational due to all its emissions equipment.
As an example the last Petrol we owned my which was my Wifes Peugeot 1.6 petrol Turbo had to be decarbonised at 18000 miles and was showing the same symptoms 10k miles later, I thought decarbs went out with the 60s but its becoming increasingly common, she has now gone back to a diesel, drives better, uses less fuel and will last a hell of a lot longer
I disagree with that, my DPF is original and car on 240k miles and never had an issue 🤷‍♂️

I disagree with that, my DPF is original and car on 240k miles and never had an issue 🤷‍♂️
I think you will find yours is a pretty unique case perhaps you do long journeys daily etc which is great for DPFs, average users do not do that hence the issues, in my case I do 4-500 miles a week so it was not my driving style but the fact the thermostat was faulty when I bought it and the Engine ran cold constantly, I guess it overwhelmed the DPF which according to the service record was swapped at 95k, no idea how long it ran like that but it was very badly choked

My reason for wanting the dpf removed is purely reliability, yes i haven't had any issues and yes they can be cleaned out but my choice is to just eliminate a future issue along with deleting the adblue system, I'm not chasing numbers with this car at the end of the day the drivetrain in these just isn't worth sinking big money into and the stage 1 maps make good power and turns them into a genuinely quick car mostly thanks to the torque so for me its the perfect daily, dpfs not a hp related thing, for me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom