• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W213 Front USB not working for Android Auto nor charging

omega1

Car
E400d 2019 4matic (C238)
Hi all,

I have just taken possession of a 2018 W213 and the front (not under armrest, but near cup holders, the one for Android Auro/CarPlay is not working at all, no charge and no Android Auto.

The two under the armrest work fine (they charge but of course cannot use for Android Auto).

Anyone had this? Will obviously check fuses and clean the socket but wondered if anyone had seen it and what to look for to resolve.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I have just taken possession of a 2018 W213 and the front (not under armrest, but near cup holders, the one for Android Auro/CarPlay is not working at all, no charge and no Android Auto.

The two under the armrest work fine (they charge but of course cannot use for Android Auto).

Anyone had this? Will obviously check fuses and clean the socket but wondered if anyone had seen it and what to look for to resolve.

Thanks in advance
Well this is embarrassing! Turns out I don't know my MB models, I now have a Coupe and it's a C238 not a W213 like the last E400d I had, oops! I can't edit the port to correct.
Anyway, same problem, USB for Android Auto not working, any ideas? Thanks!

I had almost exactly the same problem on our 2019 C Class when we got it in 2020 (it did work occasionally, but mostly not).

It took a couple of dealer visits to resolve ... it needed a new media control module and then a software upgrade:

Thank you for that info, mich appreciated, sounds like the same problem I have.

I'm calling them tomorrow, hopefully they'll cover it under some kind of "used car warranty", I'll see what they say about it.

Thanks.

While I wait for them, does anyone know how that module comes out? It looks like it's just a couple of clips? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up a spare one to test. The contacts look fine, but it could be brokene. Looking at this as a replacement : NEW GENUINE MERCEDES E CLASS W213 USB PORT CONNECTING UNIT A2138203200 | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom