• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

No Android Auto on W205 facelift

I got Android Auto/Apple Carplay put on my C300 W205 , yesterday. The dealership said because it wasn't specced by original owner , it couldn't be put on.
So a trip to Bradford sorted it out for me.
I much prefer the UX of Carplay to Android Auto.
Running Waze for my nav.
could you please let us know which company in Bradford sorted your Android auto/carplay?

I got Android Auto/Apple Carplay put on my C300 W205 , yesterday. The dealership said because it wasn't specced by original owner , it couldn't be put on.
So a trip to Bradford sorted it out for me.
I much prefer the UX of Carplay to Android Auto.
Running Waze for my nav.

Do you know if they managed to retrofit to the car (and carry out SCN coding) the original MB Apple CarPlay / Android Auto options, or did they instead bypass the issue by installing an additional non-MB hardware box that adds the Apple CarPlay / Android Auto functionality?

Do you know if they managed to retrofit to the car (and carry out SCN coding) the original MB Apple CarPlay / Android Auto options, or did they instead bypass the issue by installing an additional non-MB hardware box that adds the Apple CarPlay / Android Auto functionality?
The car didn't seem to be there long enough for them to install any additional hardware, so as far as I know it was just done via coding....... I could be wrong tho.

I'm sure it'll just be coding, since the hardware is already there on MY2019 cars 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom