W221 facelift distronic radar issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alinw221

Car
W221
Hello beautiful people,

I recently got a 2010 w221 with a distronic related issue. The front right radar doesn't work (a0009050010) and I am having issues sorting a second hand one. I can find a lot of other part numbers but not this one. My question is: is there a compatibility list? Can I buy a different one from an E class, same/similar year but with a different part number? From the outside they all seem identical (electrical connection, colour, shape and all). I tried to search online for an answer but I was unable to find conclusive information.

Thanks! :d

Slight confusion, do you mean Distronic (radar controlled cruise, using a centrally mounted radar emitter/receiver behind the grill star emblem) or do you mean Parktronic (parking aid using multiple acoustic sensors mounted in the bumpers)?

Slight confusion, do you mean Distronic (radar controlled cruise, using a centrally mounted radar emitter/receiver behind the grill star emblem) or do you mean Parktronic (parking aid using multiple acoustic sensors mounted in the bumpers)?
Distronic plus - radar guided cruise - 3 radars in the front (one in the center under the grill a.k.a. long distance radar and 2 on the sides of the bumper. One of the ones on the sides is the issue, to be more specific, the one on the right side.

Hi
Do you mean you bought it with the Distronic issue? Or has it worked in youre ownership?
I have the Official EPC and the Pt. No. you posted was never fitted to the 221 chassis according to it.
If you bought it with the distronic issue do you think its possible its been replaced with the wrong one at some point?
Post your chassis number and I will check what part no should be fitted if you like.
Looking a the EPC youre left sensor and it appears it should be the same pt.no. is it? this might indicate a wrong item being fitted.

Hi
Do you mean you bought it with the Distronic issue? Or has it worked in youre ownership?
I have the Official EPC and the Pt. No. you posted was never fitted to the 221 chassis according to it.
If you bought it with the distronic issue do you think its possible its been replaced with the wrong one at some point?
Post your chassis number and I will check what part no should be fitted if you like.
Looking a the EPC youre left sensor and it appears it should be the same pt.no. is it? this might indicate a wrong item being fitted.
Edit: now that I look at the pic, I might have searched for the incorrect part no.
The chassis no. is WDD2210261A373928
When I got the car it already had the issue so I went to a local mechanic with a Star distronic and he told me that the "front right radar" is dead (either corroded connector or just fried completely). I removed the bumper and cleaned the connector in hope of fixing the issue however that did not work. I attached a pic of the radar that was residing on the right side.
If someone can help me with a suggestion on what to search for...

Attachments

• IMG-20201005-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201005-WA0001.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 8
Edit: now that I look at the pic, I might have searched for the incorrect part no.
The chassis no. is WDD2210261A373928
When I got the car it already had the issue so I went to a local mechanic with a Star distronic and he told me that the "front right radar" is dead (either corroded connector or just fried completely). I removed the bumper and cleaned the connector in hope of fixing the issue however that did not work. I attached a pic of the radar that was residing on the right side.
If someone can help me with a suggestion on what to search for...

I just took a look at the EPC and have this if it helps.....See if Andy27168 comes back with the same pt#

If im looking up your part correctly it seems to be from an E class...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    109.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi
Looking at the HW number on youre pic and the EPC the Pt.No. you need to look for is A 000 905 31 00, the left side one is the same Pt. No. so you could swap them left to right, which could confirm diagnosis as the fault will then go from right side to left side. I looked on EBay for the Pt,No. and found

Thanks everyone for the help. I will try to sort one out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom