W221 I.C.E help needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

santangello

I have purchased a 2007 S320 CDI, with Command......but I would like to add an interface, to use AUX (which I do not currently have the option of). There is no connector in the glove box.

AUX I believe will allow: video in motion, DAB, DVD, Reversing Cam, DVB-T etc....which I have in my W220.

I am in Liverpool, so if anyone can help or point me to someone who can look at my set, I would much appreciate it, and of course pay the going rate for hardware and labour to get me sorted out.

I have spoken to Merc, who tell me my unit cannot be pimped, but I read online that it can........very confusing.

Thanx gang.

(apologies for posting the above in another thread.)

Any ideas at all guys ?

71 views so far, thought there may be a 'white night' around :)

Alfie or Richard at Command on line are the experts and forum members so sure they will advise when they pick up on this thread

Thank you flango, much appreciated....

I look forward with anticipation to them politely posting their thoughts.

Can't wait to get my frustration sorted out, caused by my current Command unit.

Cheers :)

Well I have the same car as you and I have a reversing camera fitted as standard,I have not done the mod for video I think there is a video on Utube about it I also have no connection in glove box,cannot say I am a expert let us know how you get on.

I have purchased a 2007 S320 CDI, with Command......but I would like to add an interface, to use AUX (which I do not currently have the option of). There is no connector in the glove box.

AUX I believe will allow: video in motion, DAB, DVD, Reversing Cam, DVB-T etc....which I have in my W220.

I am in Liverpool, so if anyone can help or point me to someone who can look at my set, I would much appreciate it, and of course pay the going rate for hardware and labour to get me sorted out.

I have spoken to Merc, who tell me my unit cannot be pimped, but I read online that it can........very confusing.

Thanx gang.

(apologies for posting the above in another thread.)

"Pimped" perhaps refers to video in motion? You can retrofit AUX ports for audio and video but you will not have VIM from that.

There are WIS documents the explain how AUX connectors are supposed to be installed. I've done that myself on the MY 2006 car (also has rear view camera, AUX video is still possible).

Comments appreciated from all posters.

I would like to give the car to a trusted techy in this field and pay them to supply and fit if possible ? I am in Liverpool.

I am led to believe a live AUX port is needed to allow an interface to work and then open up all the add on goodies options ?

Many thanks.

You do not have all that on your W220, unless you have some after market accessories, perhaps including the radio. Using OEM equipment you could have an AUX port, a TV tuner, I think even reversing camera is not available as an OEM feature. The W220 head unit can be hacked for video in motion, equally if you have an after market head unit but the W221 needs different tricks (we do not promote this and do not provide help for VIM here at this forum).

On your W221 you can have the reversing camera retrofitted as it came from the factory. You can have an OEM TV-tuner retrofitted, probably would not want to use the original TV antennas at the rear window. Difficult to swap the amplifier unit and feed wires, after market antennas would work.

You can have an AUX audio and video port but this would not be anything intelligent, if that is what you mean by "live" (there is an iPod interface option, a bit of intelligence but I think you are not after that). If you wish, you can have an after market TV-tuner or a DAB receiver connected to the AUX port but it would not work like the OEM setup through COMAND menus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom