W639 Single to double seats rails mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But I wonder if they are more often in need of regassing
Not sure if all coolers uses gas. Some could be Peltier cells or any other gas-free system.

Thanks, as I'm looking around a replacement Viano that's handy info. Getting the incorrect table, as they rarely accompany a 2nd hand Viano, would be frustrating.
Yes, you need to match the table with the rails.
Some guys they sell all together, rails + table, and even seats.

I´ve been yesterday working on it. Rails have been lifted to replace some plastic trims, and I tried the table to fit.
Unfortunately, does not fit.
I could modify it, removing middle pins, and modifying all four (black) plastic rollers, but I am not sure if it´s worth.
Perhaps it is better to sell this table and look for the correct one.
Other option is to look for the matching rails.
Table and rails doesn´t match, I need to swap one of them.

Hi M0HAO, I was very pleased to read this thread as I'm looking to buy a Viano and may need to buy one with 2x3 bench seats and swap them around and get a table. Your description on how to do this is excellent, thanks. Did you manage to get a correct table and if so, please can I see the bottom of it to know what would fit in the rails with the round holes in them? Also, do you knpowm if captains chairs fit all models of Viano from all years, or do you need to be specific to a model when looking to buy some? Thank you!

Did you manage to get a correct table

The table is the one in the second picture:
mesa_abajo2-copy-jpg.90452

I haven´t changed the table as I got it at very good price and perfect conditions.
So... I am changing the rails, again o_O

Last weekend I´ve got a set of rails (4 rails) matching the table, and matching the original rails, I meant, same age and style.
This weekend I am busy, but next one I expect to replace them.
Then I will sell 2 centre old rails, and 2 single long new rails.

I´ll post some pictures.

do you knpowm if captains chairs fit all models of Viano from all years, or do you need to be specific to a model when looking to buy some?

As far as I know, fit all years. My 2013 Viano is using 2017 V-Class captain seats.

to know what would fit in the rails with the round holes in them?
Rails with round holes for table with metal legs with 3 rounds.
Rails with black rubber (covering the holes) for table with black plastic legs (above picture).

mesa_abajo2-copy-jpg.90452

I haven´t changed the table as I got it at very good price and perfect conditions.
So... I am changing the rails, again o_O

Last weekend I´ve got a set of rails (4 rails) matching the table, and matching the original rails, I meant, same age and style.
This weekend I am busy, but next one I expect to replace them.
Then I will sell 2 centre old rails, and 2 single long new rails.

I´ll post some pictures.

As far as I know, fit all years. My 2013 Viano is using 2017 V-Class captain seats.

Rails with round holes for table with metal legs with 3 rounds.
Rails with black rubber (covering the holes) for table with black plastic legs (above picture).

Fantastic - thanks everyone! I've just bought a Viano 2014 with 2 2x1 benched. i'll work with it as it is for a while then see if I really need to change it about. Just so pleased with the space inside it for 3 bikes and 5 people as it is.

......... Then I will sell 2 centre old rails, and 2 single long new rails.

I´ll post some pictures.

Hi, I have the opposite problem you had - I have the older version of the table with the circular fittings so I am in need of the very two middle tracks you fitted and then had to remove!

If you havent sold these, Id be very interested in buying them from you.

Id also be happy to 'trade' my two middle rails if it meant you could then sell a full set of four rails.

Let me know and thanks very much for the very informative article and excellent photos :)

I have the older version of the table with the circular fittings so I am in need of the very two middle tracks you fitted and then had to remove!

Indeed, you need the rails I have still installed. I expect to change them next weekend.
I´ll reserve them for you. Next week I´ll let you know and we can talk about them.
Cheers.

Rails swapped !!
All successfully done.

New rails installed;
IMG-20200314-103826-copia.jpg

Seats and table;
IMG-20200314-105911-copia.jpg

I sent a personal message to you, regarding those rails for sale.

Can I just say a big public thank you to @M0HAO for the superb transaction and conduct that has now meant his old rails are now installed in my van!

Now got my rear singles and table all installed and van now reaching its full potential!1940BA6F-BAD9-435A-890D-C7FD288C9105.jpeg

Absolute pleasure to deal with and quite the best packing I think I’ve ever seen on a very large, very heavy and very awkward item

Thanks

@afflier Thank you for your words.
Just tried to do the right things.
I am happy to see your van at full potential !!

Actually I am digging deep to get the correct floor mats for my seats/table configuration. Mer has more than one reference for same configuration. Mine is W639 but I´ll go for W447 mats.
It´s a nightmare, but I am nearly there.
Cheers

Hello Mr.Mohao, thank you for all your detailed steps on how u got to install your table at last with the correct floor rails.

Now i need help from you sir, can you send me a link or website on where i can buy those similar pair of middle rails for that second table with black plastic at the bottom just exactly the same as yours.

You can send link here or on my email: [email protected]
Will be very grateful.
Thank you sir.

can you send me a link or website on where i can buy those similar pair of middle rails for that second table with black plastic at the bottom just exactly the same as yours.

Sure:

Mercedes Vito Viano Parts
Mr. Eddie
Yard 2, Benskins Lane
Romford RM4 1LB

Eddie is a good guy. He use to have plenty of W639/W447 parts in stock.

Regards, Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom