• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wavetech or Quaife?

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

I was set on getting a quaife diff for C63 when I spotted the wavetech diffo ver on the MBWorld forum.
So I had a read of the tech splurb on thier website.
They talk about how a quaife diff will only give 25:1 drive to the wheels as compeared to 1:1 on standard diff but when one weel looses traction, then all other diffs stop driving but theirs doesnt. That would suggest a lot less wheel spin from one wheel as the other wheel would be trying to turn at the same rate?
So does this mean the Wavetch is the diff to have? The best out of the two?

Ask Acid MSL he's got a Wavetrac fitted to his C63 and fitted a few other cars with the wavetrac

As my other posts on this subject, top Motorsport teams all use Quaife for a reason, nuff said IMHO :thumb:

Hi,

I tried to get hold of him but he never returned my call :0(

As my other posts on this subject, top Motorsport teams all use Quaife for a reason, nuff said IMHO :thumb:

In US, they all use Wavetech and a lot more motorsport than europe.

Its the tech part that interests me. They claim both wheels get the same power when one wheel is free wheeling but no othe diff does. That would mean once you break traction with any other diff, all power to the wheels is lost.

Its the tech part that interests me. They claim both wheels get the same power when one wheel is free wheeling but no othe diff does. That would mean once you break traction with any other diff, all power to the wheels is lost.

That's actually a very good point, my comments were more related to build quality and robustness, I've hammered Quaife in extremely arduous conditions on rally stages and on track and I'm not saying they dont go but they seem to stand up better than the Wavetech ones. I guess its horses for courses and how much hammer its going to take. I believe Wavetech are significantly cheaper too

I dont plan on anything like track days etc, just get rid of the traction control light everytime I try to pull on to a roundabout lol.
The price for the C63 one seems same for both diffs.
Dont get me wrong, I too trust a quiafe diff etc its the "loosing total power when one wheel brakes traction" thats got my interest.

07765 444447

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom