What a van at 60mph can do !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
Partners car after he pulled out at a junction....Not a Merc but thought it interesting to see the pic and damage... main thing is hes fine.

Last edited:
looks more like 15mph damage not 60 mph! He is very lucky if it was doing 60; he could have been killed, esp in a small car like that - is it a MX5?

Supposidly the van was doing about 60, but i guess cant be too sure, yes an Mx5... hoping he can buy it back off the insurance lol to break it....

His chances of survival at a 60Mph collision, even from a normal car would be so small.... glad he's ok though.

His chances of survival at a 60Mph collision, even from a normal car would be so small.... glad he's ok though.

Looking to get another one now.... this one has been written off as chassis is twisted... guess thats lack of strength due to the roof.

Was that the point of impact (driver's door)? I'd have thought a van hitting there at 60 would have folded an MX5 in half!

Whatever, not a nice thing to happen and I'm glad the outcome wasn't even more serious.

Looks like they tried to avoid him and hit between the door and the front wing....... i thought it would have been worse ........ it was probably doing more like 40mph but no one is too sure really.... He only had a few stitches on his head back and front.

Happy to hear all are safe and well after this accident. It's amazing how well cras protect people these days :)

I'm think the van was braking heavily before impact so the final speed was quite a bit slower. EuroNCAP side impact is roughly 30mph and at 40mph there's almost twice the energy.

Will your next car have side airbags?

Will your next car have side airbags?[/quote]

Next car will be the same again.... i tried to convince him to get a Mercedes but theres no accounting for taste lol....

Not sure if i'm reading this right, but if he pulled out in front of a van doing 60 mph he is a very lucky and very stupid man.

Glad he and hopefully the van driver were not badly hurt.

Glad he's not hurt.
Even gladder it wasn't a motorcyclist he pulled out in front of.

Best Wishes

Will your next car have side airbags?

Next car will be the same again.... i tried to convince him to get a Mercedes but theres no accounting for taste lol....[/QUOTE]

Why does he like MX5'S ..Not wishing to offend but I agree ... surely he would rather have a nice big merc ? :eek:

The MX5 isn't my choice of car either, but it does get good reviews and is meant to be one of the best in class.

With the price of the Porsche Boxter and Merc SLK falling rapidly I'd try to convince him otherwise :)

glad he's not hurt but looking at the damage I also doubt the 60mph bit

I think an amended version would read

"pulled out in front of a van that he didn't see"

Insurance company paid out £100 less than what was paid for the car in February this year... plus we still have the hard top at home as it was not on the car at the time of the crash. RESULT.........LOL...... and already bought another MX5 51 plate for what the insurance paid out...... Lets hope he doesnt crash this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom