• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What are these AMGs called?

What should I do with the centre caps?

• Keep as is

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Replace with blue and silver MB ones

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

dougal74

Car
Past: 2008 S211 E280CDi A/G Estate, 2000 ML430, 1992 300TE Auto, 1995 E320 Coupe - all gone
Thanks to the advice from Howard, Andy K, aka$h and others :bannana: I have plumped for these: -

amg1.jpg

They were OEM on the 190E, are on the .pdf chart for the C124 and should not firm up the ride too much...and no one seems to want 16" so they were affordable!

Does anyone know what they were called?

Styling I's ;)

They look very similar to the mercedes AMG monoblock design except these seem to have sharper edges

They didn't have names back then.. although lots of people invented names and they have common usage.. 'monoblock' describes the construction being one piece, rather than a multipiece wheel.
AMG started using style numbers when they had a few styles available.
On mastermind, I wouldn't choose pre-1995 AMG wheel entymology and nomenclature ;)
Just go by part number.. the best unique identifier!

Picked these up on Sunday. Very impressed just a little historic refurb on the polished lip on one of them.

They are stamped AMG but also OZ so am assuming they were made for AMG under licence in 1996.

I would like some opinions please: -
Should I keep the centre caps as is or replace with the blue and silver MB ones?

Many thanks, Adam

Centre caps are down to personal taste, I think the chrome star ones would look better ... only subtly different to standard, and they'd go well with the polished rims.

Yep, chrome star ones here too !!

They rule !! :rock:

Yep chrome stars for sure . . I managed to pick up a set from ebay a while back for about £20 inc postage . .

Chrome star!

The blue ones won't look right unless, a) the car is dark blue b) the wheels have a polished/diamond cut face.

Chrome star!

The blue ones won't look right unless, a) the car is dark blue b) the wheels have a polished/diamond cut face.
a) check
b) no just the lip of the rim, think you are right thanks for the advice.

Keep te centres as they are in my opinion....! :)

I don't know, I think the 'Roadster' (blue & white) might look quite nice. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom