what colour code is this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbvector

Car
1997 clk 320 sport
Hi,

Got a 1997 clk 320 sport.. problem being i need to paint arches. The paint code on vin and service book says 935. I got this mixed and its nothing like my colour .. there is also a 935/d 935/g 935/l and 935/r .. problem being which one of the 4 is it ? My car is the lilac looking colour like the one in this ebay ad Mercedes clk sport 320 | eBay

EPC shows it to be 935U - Quartz Blue, special paint

Who mixed the paint for you?

I just went to halfords.. they never had 935u as an option. The guy from mercedes i phoned said there was no other option but 935 ? Excuse my ignorance what is the EPC ? and where can i get it :)

Last edited:
EPC shows it to be 935U - Quartz Blue, special paint

Who mixed the paint for you?

My data card says Blue Quartz is 347U. I've just had some made up and it's a perfect match.......347U is Blue Quartz.

So is Quartz Blue different to Blue Quartz?

My data card says Blue Quartz is 347U. I've just had some made up and it's a perfect match.......347U is Blue Quartz.

Yes, EPC confirms what you have found, 347U is Blue Quartz

Post #4 would support they are different. Perhaps the , "special paint" addition in the description has a significance?

Last edited:
Just been looking at epc and all the codes end in a U so i dont think it means much. There is only one version of 935 for my colour as the mercedes guy told me on phone. The place i got it mixed before must of mixed it wrong as their 935 looked like navy blue not the violet type shade my car is.

Of course it means something! It means it's a paint code and not a "Test Vehicle" or a "Taxi emergency warning system"

Mercedes indicates the touch up spray paint for 347U as "Chalcedony Blue" ( 347U CHALCEDONBLAU METALLICLACK )

P/N A 000 986 30 50 5347

Mercedes indicates the touch up spray paint for 347U as "Chalcedony Blue" ( 347U CHALCEDONBLAU METALLICLACK )

P/N A 000 986 30 50 5347

My dealership parts department have just told me that Chalcedony Blue and Blue Quartz are the same. He told me that in early 'S' class cars the colour name Chalcedony Blue was used but now 347U is usually called Blue Quartz.

Go figure!

Quartz Blue metallic clearcoat 935 was quite a common colour for the CLK model around that time. It is that voilet colour you described. Type in QUARTZ BLUE MERCEDES into any search engine and you will be rewarded with lots of pictures. Mercedes quartz blue - Trovit Cars

Last edited:
935 was the colour. Problem now... the bumper strips are a different/darker colour to the 935 body .. how do you find what colour the bumper rumble strips are ??

Thanks.

Yeh it is a bit. I got the epc and the paint bit is a bit mad when your not used to it. I had figured out i thought it was the 224 one so thanks for confirming it. Cheers.

sorry but i am confused between two colors so i don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom