What else do I need to remove apart from the screws?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steviejay69

Car
W204 MY2012
Trying to remove the boot handle plastic trim, took out both screws. Anyone got tekkers for getting it off?

Tried attaching a photo, too large 😧

Trunk liner removed (4 torx screws and pop fasteners), trunk lid red warning light disconnected, trunk lock barrel removed, adjacent long/large retaining bolt (silver) removed.

It's all a bit blind, the trunk handle has pop clips as do the number plate lights, the latter seem captive, snapping into place rather than out (i.e. they'll push forwards a bit but pulling them back towards the trunk locks them in place. So none of those seem to remove in the way I hoped.

The plastic trim seems unmoved, but I think the number plate lights and trunk handle need to come off or out?

If anyone has found any pictures or YT videos then a pointer would be useful. I'll start searching....

Found it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
gets the actual trim I want off. Prying the silver trim is the bit where you have to be brave!

But at least I know how to get to a few more bits as well if I ever need to.

Why remove that trim? Because I can't flush the spider out. It's driving me nuts, that and the one that lives in the passenger mirror....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom