• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What I found in the boot of my wife's Clio

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
My wife's poor, neglected ancient but incredibly faithful Clio was due a visit to the garage this morning for some much-needed fettling and a pre-MOT check. I got up nice and early to empty out the boot. The reason being that I hadn't seen the boot floor for a year due to all the detrius in there and I knew the fellahs would need access to the wheel lock key & spare wheel.

Anyway, this is what I deposited in the living room;

4 small Sainsbury’s re-usable bags

13 large re-useable Saisnbury’s bags

1 large Sainsbury’s re-usable bag (Olympic branded)

1 large Ikea re-usable bag

1 halloween outfit (girl’s)

1 frisbee

1 bouncing ball (in packaging)

1 pair of shoes (ladies)

4 pairs of school trousers (boy’s)

1 large rolling pin

1 small box of photo’s & school memorabilia

1 Lego playset (girl’s)

1 large jewellery playset (girl’s)

1 large bag of clothes “for the charity shop” (ladies)

1 large bag of clothes “for the charity shop” (childrens)

1 umbrella (not gathered neatly)

1 torch

1 Sports direct sparring set (inc gloves & bag) unused

1 yoga mat

OK; to be slightly pedandtic the yoga mat wasn't actually in the boot. It was on the back seat as it couldn't fit in the boot due to all the other **** in there.

Does anyone else's wife do this?

If left to madam our cars would be mobile skips!

If left to madam our cars would be mobile skips!

It's funny isn't it? She's fastidious about her own appearance. The kids are usually well turned out. The house is ALWAYS immaculate (I usually have to "clear up my tools" at least three times whenever I do some DIY becuse they are "untidy") and yet her car is a complete tip.

Note; she's quite annoyed at me for dumping it all in the living room but I did point out that it looked worse in the hall....

I'm not in a position to mock.

I opened the boot of my own car yesterday to find it rammed full of cardboard that was meant to go to the tip 2 weeks ago.

My other half used to be shocking with this kind of thing. The boot in her old Focus was like a skip. I used to cringe.

When she got the SL, space was limited so there was little chance of her stuffing it full of coats and shoes. She's now got a CLS so plenty of room to fill it with crap but I'll make sure it remains fairly clear. Maybe a few carrier bags and kid stuff. I absolutely hate clutter in a car though.

It's funny isn't it? She's fastidious about her own appearance. The kids are usually well turned out. The house is ALWAYS immaculate (I usually have to "clear up my tools" at least three times whenever I do some DIY becuse they are "untidy") and yet her car is a complete tip.

Note; she's quite annoyed at me for dumping it all in the living room but I did point out that it looked worse in the hall....

This is why we do not have his or her cars but "ours", this way I retain some ownership and can exert some control over the contents :)

Now you mention it, there are various bits of tut in the boot of the Fiesta that I distinctly remember transferring *out* of the boot of the previous one at purchase time 5 years ago.

I will make damned sure they will not be transferring to her replacement due early next year!

I guess in the boot it's 'out of sight, out of mind'. This is more obvious with an estate so the back of our S203 isn't too bad ... but there's stuff everywhere else :rolleyes:

On the back seats, on the floor, door pockets, centre console, etc. Drives me nuts.

Now you mention it, there are various bits of tut in the boot of the Fiesta that I distinctly remember transferring *out* of the boot of the previous one at purchase time 5 years ago.

I will make damned sure they will not be transferring to her replacement due early next year!

Yes. Not only does the stuff multiply but also stays there for literally years.

It was a bit like Blue Planet 2 as i went deeper and deeper finding strange things in the murky depths that hadn't ever seen daylight.

I guess in the boot it's 'out of sight, out of mind'. This is more obvious with an estate so the back of our S203 isn't too bad ... but there's stuff everywhere else :rolleyes:

On the back seats, on the floor, door pockets, centre console, etc. Drives me nuts.

I give the Clio a good valet from time to time and clear all the **** out of the interior. Then my wife does a couple of school runs and withing seemingly minutes its just full of half drunk bottles, sweet wrappers, fruit peelings, parking tickets, etc. I think the kids watch what their Mum is doing and just throw stuff around randomly.

She's fastidious about her own appearance. The kids are usually well turned out. The house is ALWAYS immaculate yet her car is a complete tip.

'It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a fastidious, tidy woman in possession of a car, leaves it in a complete filthy mess.'

car_trash_dhznb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom