What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was at my van over the weekend and were going to have jacket spuds filled with cheese and my chorizo. Fried off the meat and a little onion then discovered had forgotten the spuds. Doh!

We'd had a few wines so quick look in the cupboard revealed a jar of Aldi Cheese & Bacon pasta sauce. So, added some mushroom stalks I had in the fridge, chucked in the sauce with a ton of tuna chunks, bit more cheese, Italian seasoning and lots of pepper, Served over wholewheat penne. Surprisingly good - just wish these sauces were not so generous with salt

My point is that even el cheapo sauces can be OK if combined with store cupboard/freezer essentials. Often (and I can be guilty of this) we are sniffy about convenience food whereas in fact it can be handy to have in

IMG-20200730-WA0000.jpegIMG-20200730-WA0000.jpeg

On my own for dinner today so I rustled this up an had a very early dinner. I'll be starving come 8 o'clock

Ribeye, and all the sides. Big helping of mustard. Was a treat

Just had another fresh delivery of 2kg of large langoustines.
We might try some sweet chilli dipping sauce with them for a change

Was at my van over the weekend and were going to have jacket spuds filled with cheese and my chorizo. Fried off the meat and a little onion then discovered had forgotten the spuds. Doh!

We'd had a few wines so quick look in the cupboard revealed a jar of Aldi Cheese & Bacon pasta sauce. So, added some mushroom stalks I had in the fridge, chucked in the sauce with a ton of tuna chunks, bit more cheese, Italian seasoning and lots of pepper, Served over wholewheat penne. Surprisingly good - just wish these sauces were not so generous with salt

My point is that even el cheapo sauces can be OK if combined with store cupboard/freezer essentials. Often (and I can be guilty of this) we are sniffy about convenience food whereas in fact it can be handy to have in

Don't all the extras you add to "el cheapo" sauces make the sauce "el expensiveo" ;)

May I recommend an orange butter sauce?
Absolutely, have you had them with that then?

Might be too late for tonight though, as its not something I know how to make, and likely I won't have the ingredients.

I will look it up though

Just added up there, between myself and next door, we've had 27kg so far😂

Spag bol for me :thumb:

M&S Best ever beef and "somehing" pie.

M&S Best ever beef and "somehing" pie.
Neigh!

I had their full on flavour burger on the barbie recently, I prefer thinner burgers and this was way better than the best ever burger.

Tonight, Matthew, I'm having home made lasagne using the bolognese leftover sauce from Saturday. It will deliver 4 large portions, one tonight and 3 for the freezer, that makes 5 meals from 1 pack of mince - tasty and great value.

Absolutely, have you had them with that then?

Might be too late for tonight though, as its not something I know how to make, and likely I won't have the ingredients.

I will look it up though

Just added up there, between myself and next door, we've had 27kg so far😂
I've never had the sauce with them but first tasted it in a Bistro in Deauville on their express Sunday lunch menu and it was delicious, we have experimented at home with the same sauce and different fish and it always delivers.

I've never had the sauce with them but first tasted it in a Bistro in Deauville on their express Sunday lunch menu and it was delicious, we have experimented at home with the same sauce and different fish and it always delivers.
Don't suppose you have a straightforward recipe.
Needs to be easily done, I don't do patience terribly well 😁

Don't suppose you have a straightforward recipe.
Needs to be easily done, I don't do patience terribly well 😁
This is the kind of thing, I will admit that we tend to experiment and each version is slightly different to the last.

With shellfish a dip made of the sauce might be good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom