• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What is the worst Mercedes ever made?

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
They have made a few poor cars/vans in the past but what are the worst?:mad:

Don't know the model number, but the S class monster around early to mid eighties I think, it was after the W126. Think it was refered to as the barge?

W140

I reckon the Mods should lock this thread right now! Never mind War, Pestilence & Plague (not to mention Top Gear....) - this one has the possibility of becoming a real battleground! :D

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Thats why I did it!!!!!

The 140 is a superb car. A real proper MB.

I reckon the Mods should lock this thread right now! Never mind War, Pestilence & Plague (not to mention Top Gear....) - this one has the possibility of becoming a real battleground! :D

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:
:) :) Guess what one I would nominate :devil: :devil:

John the stirrer

It had road presence and the all-important intimidation factor that the W220 lacked. The W221 has managed to get some of that back though! :)

IMHO the worst MB is the original a-class. Poorly built, cheap materials in use and frankly a step in the wrong direction for MB. I know they wanted to reach out and touch the commoners but I've always thought that there's no point in pandering to the poor ;) :rolleyes:

The early a-class is shockingly terrible. Cheap turd.

Slightly off topic, but whilst we're talking about the worst cars...

Mercedes-Benz have annoyed and continue to annoy me slightly in that they appear to be wanting to stretch the brand as far as they can.

The core products are invariably the C, E, and S classes - that's what people think when they think of a Mercedes-Benz.

Quality convertibles, coupes and four wheel drives I can tolerate, but I think its pushing the brand a bit far when they are slapping the 3 pointed star on things like this...

URL]

And to a lesser extent the A Class. Call me a snob (or any other four letter word of your choice :) ), but buyers of £100K super saloons should not have to queue behind buyers of £12K hatchbacks for the salesman's time.

Surely this is what the Smart brand should be used for?

I never realised I was surrounded by such snobs!

I never realised I was surrounded by such snobs!
I don't think it's down to being a snob. Can you imagine a £12k Bentley hatchback?* Or a £15k Ferrari roadster?*

What we're talking about here is the dilution of a brand. Expanding the customer base by producing budget-orientated vehicles has not helped the image of MB.

* I might make these in photoshop later ;)

It's all about money. Those with 100k MB's are complaining about people being allowed to buy 12k MB's.

God forbid people can own a 3 pointed star for 12k, we must get MB to take back any MB that falls under 50k used, and recycle it into cup holders.

Thankfully my MB dealer does not share that opinion, and will continue to get (most likely under 50k :D) MB sales into my household.

It's a tool for a job. I wanted to purchase a safe, comfy, reliable MPV that *wasn't* a zafira \ scenic \ berlingo and had more space than all of them.

It's small on the outside, and big on the inside.

It's "the wife's" now I have my toy (see other thread) and, as her first car, she loves it to bits. I have driven other modern MB's plenty and don't feel lacking when getting back into the vaneo.

A friend in the MB trade summed it up last night, we were talking about the B class he was driving. He said "the B has a certain cabin ambience the A\vaneo doesn't have, but the A\vaneo are just more fun to drive as they respond to being grabbed by the scruff of the neck and driven."

Thats why I did it!!!!!

Its a dinosaur.... move on! With technology, you either grab it by both horns and ride, or you get left behind with the old folk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom