What the hell was that šŸ˜ƒ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmmmm, am I missing something here ?
The car is capable of over 200 mph, the driver is confident in heā€™s ability, the weather conditions looked good and a near empty stretch of no restrictions tarmac, every drivers perfect day ??
Why do we own these high performance vehicles if not to when the situation arises give them a darn good thrashing, wether it be on road or track.
If we continually risk assess every action we would not get out of bed.
Totally agree buddy , Iā€™ve a slight tendency to over question risk having spent 10 years cutting people out of car wrecks on the M25 . But thatā€™s my issues formed by my experiences.

Totally agree buddy , Iā€™ve a slight tendency to over question risk having spent 10 years cutting people out of car wrecks on the M25 . But thatā€™s my issues formed by my experiences.
Yep, I too have seen quite a few serious RTC, 30 years in the LFB. That didnā€™t stop me trying to see if my Hayabusa would go over 200 mph. šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

I do enjoy taking a car for a speed run on the Autobahn, as long as you choose the right one (44 is good) and you choose the right time (06:00 on a Sunday) it is relatively safe, whether you enjoy it is down to what you want but it is definitely exhilarating. Last time I got to 184 and backed out as the crosswind was making the front end wander too much for my liking.

Driving on the Autobahn is so different to the M25.. I have driven to Munich (Circa 550 miles on German roads) and not seen an accident but I guarantee that if I drive around the M25 (120 miles?) I will see 3 or 4... Motorway driving in the UK is abysmal with no lane discipline whatsoever or awareness of other road users.. Rant over...

I do enjoy taking a car for a speed run on the Autobahn, as long as you choose the right one (44 is good) and you choose the right time (06:00 on a Sunday) it is relatively safe, whether you enjoy it is down to what you want but it is definitely exhilarating. Last time I got to 184 and backed out as the crosswind was making the front end wander too much for my liking.

Driving on the Autobahn is so different to the M25.. I have driven to Munich (Circa 550 miles on German roads) and not seen an accident but I guarantee that if I drive around the M25 (120 miles?) I will see 3 or 4... Motorway driving in the UK is abysmal with no lane discipline whatsoever or awareness of other road users.. Rant over...
Totally agree. I once drove from Leipzig to Calais on autobahns in a single stint at big big speeds and felt totally safe. The lane discipline in Germany is superb. In the UK you could have a 9 lane motorway and 9 cars would be driving abreast, all doing 73mph. In Germany, even at 160mph+ ā€¦ two or three lanes is enough.

UK drivers do not know how to behave on a motorway, there is one drivng lane and te rest are for overtaking, once you have overtaken, move to the inside lane,, and make sure when overtaking that you do not make anyone use their brakes....
I have had one near miss onthe autobahn when a driver pulled out on me at probably about 65 or so, I was doing about 170.. the car had a GB sticker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom