Whats your strategy for year 2030 / ban of ICE vehicles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the job of the moderators, MJ.

And when KH is not around, we're expected to just quietly endure the unpleasantness of it all?

And the other direct contribution to global warming is the direct effect of all these heaters driving around on the road. ICEs are of the order of 20% efficient and so that 80% is directly emitted as heat. Heat which can't go anywhere due to the CO2 blanket that is also being created by the same technology.

I've no idea if this is a real problem, but common sense says its not a good idea to keep this Victorian technology any longer than we need to as a prime source of energy.
Covered earlier. The contribution to the global temperature is infinitesimal.

And when KH is not around, we're expected to just quietly endure the unpleasantness of it all?

Unpleasantness? In your opinion, but that cuts both ways. That's what debates are about. One man's forthrightness is another man's indignation.

Let the mods decide, unless you have been granted in loco parentis status?

Unpleasantness? In your opinion, but that cuts both ways. That's what debates are about. One man's forthrightness is another man's indignation.

Let the mods decide, unless you have been granted in loco parentis status?

The unpleasant part isn't the contents of ChipChop's post.

It's the fact that he is continuing a previous debate from a closed thread.

If I use this thread to challenge his views, I am committing the same forum rule infringement as he does.

If I do not respond, his views stand unchallenged.

How is this benefiting free speech and open debate, when only one side can post, and with impunity?

As for loco parentis, I am not the forum 'police' - I just am a 'concerned citizen' that sees 'lawlessness' around him and raised awareness, as is my 'civil duty' to do.

If politics were still banned I doubt if swotty or chippy would bother posting.

Getting back to the subject, my plans beyond 2030 (if I'm not wearing a pine overcoat) will be to continue using fossil fuel cars until I'm forced, either by taxation or law to give them up forever.
The only EV I would own will be leased as it stands right now. The infrastructure for pure EV's is highly likely to be inadequate unless there is a massive push to install charging points for multiple cars on streets, car parks, shopping centres and filling stations just for a start.
I don't think the plan for this ban on ICE vehicles has been considered properly. Its more a poorly thought out reaction to the climate change activists demands, along with more and more councils wanting clean air zones.
I think we all want less pollution and banning ICE transport is an unfortunate but necessary step. But its being done far too quickly IMO.

The unpleasant part isn't the contents of ChipChop's post.

It's the fact that he is continuing a previous debate from a closed thread.

If I use this thread to challenge his views, I am committing the same forum rule infringement as he does.

If I do not respond, his views stand unchallenged.

How is this benefiting free speech and open debate, when only one side can post, and with impunity?

As for loco parentis, I am not the forum 'police' - I just am a 'concerned citizen' that sees 'lawlessness' around him and raised awareness, as is my 'civil duty' to do.

You're twisting again, MJ. I said it takes 2 sides to tango. Each of you is entitled to take a different view, as indeed you did.

What one side is not allowed to do is censure the other, which is what you sought to do.

As for your last sentence, well, have you ever thought of being a traffic warden?

What one side is not allowed to do is censure the other, which is what you sought to do.

I did not instigate the censorship. We were all censured, by the forum moderator. I was in fact a prolific poster in the Covid thread, when it was still open. I respect the rules, even those I do not like, that's all.

winstonchurchill1-2x.jpg

MJ, you are on a loser with the awkward squad.

Swotty is an ex local authority guy which is a breeding ground for political weirdness, he will have spent a whole career having circular and pointless arguments.

Quit before they drag you down to their level. :)

You have to admire the car industry that has turned the CO2 crisis into a wizard money making wheeze which keeps most smaller companies from entering the industry. (Yes, there's a small number of entrants, but the destruction of opportunities for small car companies has been dramatic)

So much "energy" being wasted on the EVangelism, while no-one is talking as "energetically" about the need to find other ways to travel, the need insulate homes, reduce heat wastage, reduce long-haul flights, global shipping, or even methane production from agriculture.

Clever chaps these oligopolies.

Factcheck: How electric vehicles help to tackle climate change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom