Wheel refurb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DannyHall

Car
C63 Premium
Afternoon gents,

Wondering if it was possible to refurb a wheel on a 2017 C63 coupe. It’s got the 19/20” matt black wheels and one of the wheels is damaged on the inner matt black. Anyone had any experience and what prices should I be looking at per wheel?

Afternoon gents,

Wondering if it was possible to refurb a wheel on a 2017 C63 coupe. It’s got the 19/20” matt black wheels and one of the wheels is damaged on the inner matt black. Anyone had any experience and what prices should I be looking at per wheel?

I don’t see why not. I’d say you are looking around £80 for 1 wheel.

I had one of my C63s Edition 1 wheels (matte black with red pin stripe) refurbed at the Teesside dealership. I'm not sure if they farmed the job out, but I know for sure one of their guys painted the pin stripe. I can't give an indication of a price as they didn't charge, they owed me a favour.

I had one of my C63s Edition 1 wheels (matte black with red pin stripe) refurbed at the Teesside dealership. I'm not sure if they farmed the job out, but I know for sure one of their guys painted the pin stripe. I can't give an indication of a price as they didn't charge, they owed me a favour.

I usually use Mercedes Sunderland, Teesside didn't give me the light of day really when I went in to buy the 45 or the 63. None the less i'l give Sunderland a call and ask about it.

Note - When using the EuroTunnel, opt for the bigger carriage.

Dan

Before the repair I mentioned above I used a repair centre at Skippers lane who the AMG sales rep recommended. When I needed the Edition 1 wheel repaired I asked the same sales rep if he could remember who it was that I had used/he recommended but this time he suggested I used their dealership repair guy. I'm pretty sure any dealership wouldn't be the cheapest, but Teesside done a good job with mine. Although I understand if you have had a bad experience with a certain dealership then you wouldn't want to return.

There is rather lengthy thread on Eurotunnel/curbing alloys/wider compartments. I guess it would have come in handy before you returned back to the UK.

Afternoon gents,

Company called QTC in Bracknell did the wife's alloys very good finish around 50 quid a corner too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom