Whining noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezza3211

Car
C63
Hi all, could someone offer some advice please. After driving rather fast in my w204 c63 there’s a whining noise along with a vibration that infeel
In the steering wheel and pedals. Anyone know what it could be please? It does it when engine is up too temp. I don’t really put my foot down until it’s up to temp.
Thanks in advance x

Not sure about the sound, but the vibrations maybe are the engine and gearbox mounts?

Also check the radiator fan ( that comes to my mind when u said up to temp)

After driving rather fast in my w204 c63 there’s a whining noise - remove female partner from passenger seat

Not sure about the sound, but the vibrations maybe are the engine and gearbox mounts?

Also check the radiator fan ( that comes to my mind when u said up to temp)
Ok awesome Thankyou. Someone else said about engine gear box mounts too. Cheers

Ok awesome Thankyou. Someone else said about engine gear box mounts too. Cheers
I remembered when I changed all the mounts(engine and gearbox) in my w209 it was like driving a completely different car. No vibrations, smooth startup and driving. Definitely worth checking them out

How many miles on the car and do you have history of engine and gearbox mounts being replaced ?
Mine has now 200.XXX km Ive replaced them around 180.000 km. I didnt kept a record but I remember the gearbox mount replacing it more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom