White marks on suede part of amg seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
they said they haven’t had any complaints in the past about it
Which of course you know is an utter load of rowlocks. Hope you get it sorted.

I’ve got the same problem with my c class. It’s just a case of keep cleaning them and wait for it to reappear.

No, car is 6 years old and we bought it second hand from them so didn’t know I could. Also we had the guardex treatment before we bought it so maybe it could be a reaction to that?

No, car is 6 years old and we bought it second hand from them so didn’t know I could. Also we had the guardex treatment before we bought it so maybe it could be a reaction to that?
Yea I had guardex applied aswell, I was thinking the same

I used to get this on the back seats of my merc, after cleaning it off many many times i tried spray on dettol and brushed it in, that was over a year ago now and hasnt come back

Hi, most definitely the glue under the alcantara cloth. It’s a known issue. Mercedes have replaced hundreds of interiors. He’s being economical with the truth, if he says there’s no other reports. My 2014 C coupe had the same issue. Dealers had the valeting done twice to try & cure the problem to no avail. Mercedes Grangemouth changed the seat covers. They took photos first & sent them to Mercedes & they agreed to replace the covers. Had to wait 3 months for replacements as there was a shortage due to the issue. They had the car for 2 days to do the job. Never had an issue since. Keep pressing the issue & don’t be fobbed off. Cheers, & good luck.

Hi, I bought a A Class 17 plate amg couple of months ago. I got guardex applied to the car. Couple of weeks later I got white powdery marks appearing mainly to the back seats. I wipe the marks off with a clean cloth but a week later they appear again. I didn’t drive the car for 2 weeks but don’t think it could be that. Can anyone help? Thank you View attachment 109004
Sorted this with a small atomising spray of isopropyl and a lint free cloth. Used a white lint free cloth to ensure the alcohol did not dissolve anything of the faux suede and only did two rows. Applied alcohol sparingly and just rubbed with the cloth. Cloth remained white and seat returned to black immediately. Left overnight, no sign of return, cleaned and extra 75mm of fob width and left for a week and all is good ! Amazon 50 ml isopropyl spray £3.79. Regards PDE

Sorted this with a small atomising spray of isopropyl and a lint free cloth. Used a white lint free cloth to ensure the alcohol did not dissolve anything of the faux suede and only did two rows. Applied alcohol sparingly and just rubbed with the cloth. Cloth remained white and seat returned to black immediately. Left overnight, no sign of return, cleaned and extra 75mm of fob width and left for a week and all is good ! Amazon 50 ml isopropyl spray £3.79. Regards PDE
Report back in a few months and let us know if it returns, thanks.

Try wearing pants ?

That white power from a possible zip-bag seen on seats looks like something fishy people put in their nostrils when they want to get rid of cold or party all night long? 🤧🥳
What do you think?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom