Why does my insurance go up following a non-fault accident?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems that all the insurance prices have shot up this year , daughters insurance jumped 20% this year even with another year of NCB.

No matter what we have tried it seems that £600 is what you have to pay for a 21 year old to drive a group 1 insurance vehicle for less than 6k miles a year.

Kenny

Did you try putting your daughter as the main driver, and add you, partner, or both as occasional named drivers?

I found the insurance on my car is cheaper if I am main driver when I add my wife on, rather than myself alone. Both full NCB, no claims in 25 years or convictions. Could be me :D

IT may also be worth trying several estimated annual mileages. Some people find their insurance goes down as annual mileage increases. There was a post on MBClub recently which reported this.

Perhaps makes sense, drivers who drive more will be more experienced, but that said, drivers who drive more are more exposed to the risk of an accident. The insurance company will have insights from their data on real claims.

I
Perhaps makes sense, drivers who drive more will be more experienced, but that said, drivers who drive more are more exposed to the risk of an accident.

Or maybe the insurer figures based on their experience that a low mileage driver is likely to be less price sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom