Window Glass is Always Greasy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Swarfega hand cleaner on a damp cloth, and wipe off with dry cloth. :)

It's a solvent removes grease, engine oil, safely from hands and skin, will do the same on the screen, clear greasy road spray, oil and polish residue, try it, won't do any harm.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Id just run some fairy liquid over them using a cloth .then a good hose to get rid of any remnents. Cant see it doing any harm tbh. Alot of knee jerkers on here thinking the car will disintegrate. Think gritted winter roads would do alot more harm in 3 months than a 1 time application of fairy.

For me it’s a clay bar when washing the car fully or Sainsbury’s glass cleaner with vinegar when just sprucing up the glass :thumb:

Every time I wash the car (Snow Foam, Pressure Washer Blast, Shampoo and Re Blast and Towel Dry) and use Dodo Juice Cleary Menthol on the Windows, I have started to notice a "Greasy Film" on all of the Glass Surfaces!

What am I doing wrong? :dk:

Semi sorted out my Problem:

I found some "Quickie Concentrated Professional Window Cleaner" in my Garage, I bought it around 10 Years ago, when we couldn't find a Window Cleaner in my Area! :rolleyes::oops::oops::eek:

I used it on the Glass before the Final Blast, as long as the Windows are not allowed to Dry, any Glass Cleaner appears to work Well! :):D;)

If inside glass, it might be head gasket or heater core.

Every time I wash the car (Snow Foam, Pressure Washer Blast, Shampoo and Re Blast and Towel Dry) and use Dodo Juice Cleary Menthol on the Windows, I have started to notice a "Greasy Film" on all of the Glass Surfaces!

What am I doing wrong? :dk:

I normally use a Microfiber Cloth, but I have found a Cotton Tea Towel does a better job!

I prefer a tea towel for glass too, but don't use one that's been washed with fabric conditioner. I run a few through at a time and it's also a chance to do a boil wash that washing machines need now and again.

Always worth making sure you're not using a shampoo with added waxes in it. Always tend to leave smears and oils on the glass

Oh and definitely don't park under trees for extended periods

I regularly use a "brillo" pad to clean the windows on my car, just don't go too close to the paintwork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom