• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wing Mirror Damage

KieranBett

Car
A180D
Hopefully someone can advise…

Someone has clipped my mirror whilst it was parked and damaged the under trim on the wing mirror.

b940c497-7e2c-4388-992c-d27750df23fd.jpeg

Do I need a new full wing mirror or can I just buy this below - does the under trim come off separately to the mirror case?

f09b0368-a614-4190-ac23-dda1f0d99218.jpeg

Well to me the part you have located online is not the same as your broken door mirror,but I would say that the broken bit might be bought on its own,but of course will I think be in black plastic and need painting,always get to the MB dealers and see you might find you can buy it in colour,a long shot but well worth a visit to the dealers.

The broken bit in his pic IS black plastic so no painting required.......but its also part of the main mirror mount.....so I doubt you could buy it only its own even though its jointed at that point. I'd be buying a complete mirror from a breakers and the swapping over your painted parts to the new one.

They are not cheap though...

When you do get the correct part make sure you are equipped and prepared to remove the whole door card , there is also a good chance the mounting bolts for the mirror are anti tamper bolts , usually male 5 point instead of 6 and with a hole in the bit.

Available everywhere buy a complete PITA when you find out you need them but don't posses them halfway through the job.

When you do get the correct part make sure you are equipped and prepared to remove the whole door card , there is also a good chance the mounting bolts for the mirror are anti tamper bolts , usually male 5 point instead of 6 and with a hole in the bit.

Available everywhere buy a complete PITA when you find out you need them but don't posses them halfway through the job.
And THIS is exactly why the forum is so helpful!!!!

I have had both mirrors off clk and they were just T20 torx. Can't see why anti-tamper would be used when the the access is from inside the car.

Maybe the mirrors on a 2006 S203 C55 AMG are more valuable ? :p...or maybe MB found another way of saving 50 cents when building the A's and fitted regular bolts.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️....but finding out you need £7 worth of tools you don't have halfway through the job will be a pain...

PS on my C55 the tiny retaining screw for the spring part that holds the high beam bulb in is a Torx .....absolutely stupid design , last thing you need to be fiddling with on the side of the road , but there it is.

Do you really need to remove the door card etc? On my S204 C class you first remove the mirror and can then remove the trim, back cover and repeater indicator. I found vidoe how-to's on Youtube via Google search.

Maybe not . But on my car taking the mirror off did not require removing the door card ....but unplugging it from the SAM unit did.

Each car is different I suppose. The OP just needs to buy the correct part and dive in I guess.

But I think it has been determined that it is more than just the mirror trim that is broken for the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom