• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Would any ID this W124 260E part and what i dose ?

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
This vacuum switch over valve as caused me so much trouble ..i .just need to know what job it was put there to do .Some say purge valve , some say its for the E and S econodrive on the console you switch to get economy or sport . Any one know ijust what it dose ? DSC07611 - Copy.jpeg

Im not 100% sure and the position of it doesnt ring any bells with me, but then ive never owned a 260E... Ive had most other iterations over the years though.

I suspect you will be on the right track with something like E/S Switch. All these do is allow vac to pass depending on switch position. I recall black and red is a hose that goes to the gearbox on W124 so that makes sense.

Although these types of valves were used for various functions such as secondary air injection etc.

What issue is it causing? Im guessing by the cable tie on bottom left, you are trying to source a vac leak somehwere?

Jaymanek Thank you .. No vacuum leak , i just needed to know what the vacuum switch was for ,And i came to the same conclusion that you have . It is for the E and S Econodrive they call it . I cleaned the switch yesterday ,and i though how smooth the gears changed . The red clip is holding the alarm feed wire its under the plastic pipe out of view. And now because you pointed it out to me, i am going to have to change it for a black one haha. Thanks for your help . .😀🚗🚗🚗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom