Yanny or Laurel?

Is it Yanny or Laurel?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Laurel for me.

I hear Laurel but Mrs John heard Yammy initially and then Yanny once I said it.

If I say Laurel in the same way as I hear it on the clip, she hears Laurel so it is definitely something to do with bad sound quality as explained in the clip.

Not here too!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I've clearly heard both on two different links so they must have different recordings depending on which link you click? But if more than one of you are listening to the same recording and get different answers, then I'm puzzled ..

We played the OP link and both heard it at the same time - despite differing results.

When my wife played it to me on her iPhone yesterday I heard a noise which wasn't either Yanny or Laurel, but was most like Yanny. Today, I just clicked the link at the top of this thread on my iPad, and I hear Laurel.
When played on my wife's iPhone, I can still hear Laurel. Yesterday she heard Laurel (when I heard Yanni) and she hears Yanni (when I hear Laurel). Bizarre

Ok ok hold up...

I've heard both now, but it gets more complicated than that...

At work, earlier, with cheap headphones plugged into MacBook, I heard Laurel, crystal clear.

Now at home, I've listened again, on my iPhone, heard Yanni, so tried on my MacBook, heard Yanni, plugged good headphones into MacBook, also heard Yanni.

Now I'm going to have to do some more tests at work tomorrow in the same conditions I heard Laurel earlier...

The plot thickens. :D

Neither.

It’s yammy.

Ok ok hold up...
I've heard both now, but it gets more complicated than that...
At work, earlier, with cheap headphones plugged into MacBook, I heard Laurel, crystal clear.
Now at home, I've listened again, on my iPhone, heard Yanni, so tried on my MacBook, heard Yanni, plugged good headphones into MacBook, also heard Yanni.
Now I'm going to have to do some more tests at work tomorrow in the same conditions I heard Laurel earlier...
The plot thickens. :D

At work again, identical set-up, can only hear Yanni now. Can't hear anything like Laurel.

I wonder if it's something like the optical illusions that only work until you spot the illusion, then never work again, like the rabbit and duck combined image...

Now my brain is mis-interpreting the sound regardless of what medium I hear it though. Like it’s been committed to memory.

Last edited:
At work again, identical set-up, can only hear Yanni now. Can't hear anything like Laurel.

I wonder if it's something like the optical illusions that only work until you spot the illusion, then never work again, like the rabbit and duck combined image...

Now my brain is mis-interpreting the sound regardless of what medium I hear it though. Like it’s been committed to memory.
Nah, you've just come to your senses mate.

I think it’s blue and black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom