Yet another E500 S212!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Typing E500 Sport is more ambiguous because the numbers will be inflated with Coupes and Cabrios that have exactly the same model designation. But even so, the list shows only 1 green one and 1 brown one in 2010, so we know those ones well.

E500 SPORT AUTO - Car Colours

And of course I’ve always wondered if there’s a ‘holy grail’ S212 E500 4.7tt out there within the 40 on the database. Never seen one come up for sale, but given that they bothered to make some CLS versions, you never know. I’ll have a blue one please!

E500 BLUE-CY SPORT ED 125 AUTO - Car Colours

https://carcolours.co.uk/search/vehicle/E500_SPORT_ED125_BLUEEF-CY_A/

(3 links needed because the DVLA recorded 3 slightly different versions of the model description)

Last edited:
Love that site

Number of blue E500 AG's registered in 2010; 2
Number of blue Fiat 500 Lounges in 2015; 1,489

Shame you can't narrow the blue 500 Lounges down by adding saddle brown leather, opening leccie sunroof, Active TomTom & DAB.

I suspect the answer might be "1".

Mine has sold today and has just been collected. Everyone had to be patient during lockdown month until the right time.
Well done! Any plans for a nice replacement?

Well done! Any plans for a nice replacement?
Certainly not immediately. I’ve got chalk and cheese left at the house....E500 V8 5.5 litre; 0-60mph about 5.3s; 388bhp (approx. £580 road tax p.a.) and Toyota iQ 3cylinder 1.0 litre 0-60mph 14.7s with the wind behind you, 67bhp (£0 tax p.a.). Considering a family EV but not sure about timescale yet (as an addition to the V8 not a substitute).

Certainly not immediately. I’ve got chalk and cheese left at the house....E500 V8 5.5 litre; 0-60mph about 5.3s; 388bhp (approx. £580 road tax p.a.) and Toyota iQ 3cylinder 1.0 litre 0-60mph 14.7s with the wind behind you, 67bhp (£0 tax p.a.). Considering a family EV but not sure about timescale yet (as an addition to the V8 not a substitute).
Sounds good - an EV would fit nicely in the middle of those two.

Ha ha, same set up as my household, I have the CLS 500, the other half offsets my carbon footprint with her Toyota IQ 1.0 ;)

I offset my carbon footprint by not flying long haul any more.

Every return flight being more than a year’s car CO2 usage.

Can’t guarantee that it will always be so.

It's a bit difficult to avoid flying long haul for a Maldives holiday, to name but one, though...

It's a bit difficult to avoid flying long haul for a Maldives holiday, to name but one, though...
Exactly, as long as folk don't give a stuff about flying for work and leisure, it makes no sense whatsoever to switch to EV "just" for CO2.

(Pollution in Fulham: a different matter - but most people don't live in Fulham)

EVs make absolute sense as town and city runabouts, and if I had a use for a runabout like that, I'd consider buying an EV. Once the range/recharging problem is sorted, I'll consider one as well for general use. Until then, I won't...

We have an Audi A2 for Mrs Bolide. Aluminium space frame, 1.4L petrol and very economical.

On the theme of E500 estates, I was surprised to come across this one owner S211 E500 on 30k today, at £17k for a very pretty Tanzanite blue / Cashmere leather, with full MB main dealer history.

Very very pretty

Used 2007 Blue Mercedes-Benz AMG for sale | PistonHeads UK

mercedes-benz-e-class-e500-5-5-v8-elegance-estate-automatic-511659602-2.jpg

Nice, but all the money and then some. It's sold, though, so somebody thought it was worth it. If it were mine, I'd try to get it insured on an agreed value policy; I suspect that if the new owner had wrapped it round a tree on the way home, when he claimed on his insurance he'd find he'd just lost £8K...

Same interior, same spec as mine, but no heated front passenger seat or steering wheel ( :eek:); I'd much rather have the part-wood wheel, though; it really suits that interior. NIce to know I have 'Champagne' leather, though; I (and MB) thought it was just beige.

You could have bought this one Mercedes - Benz E500 Estate 7 seater | eBay

for £10K and wrapped it round a tree and only lost half as much...

Last edited:
Nice, but all the money and then some. It's sold, though, so somebody thought it was worth it. If it were mine, I'd try to get it insured on an agreed value policy; I suspect that if the new owner had wrapped it round a tree on the way home, when he claimed on his insurance he'd find he'd just lost £8K...
Same interior, same spec as mine, but no heated front passenger seat or steering wheel ( :eek:); I'd much rather have the part-wood wheel, though; it really suits that interior. NIce to know I have 'Champagne' leather, though; I (and MB) thought it was just beige.
You could have bought this one Mercedes - Benz E500 Estate 7 seater | eBay
for £10K and wrapped it round a tree and only lost half as much...

This Lincolnshire car has real leather. Look at the photos close up Not the stuff that most S211 E500's have.

It's a tough one. Put £8,000 extra on the table to own a car with just 30,000 on the clock and a perfect main dealer service history ? Or pay half that for a car that has 106k on the clock, a more varied history, and components and bodywork which have done 106,000 miles.

Marek did the right thing when he bought DoubleE500Mike's S212 and put his old S211 up for sale on Ebay. With 106k miles on the clock, it's still a very useful car, but a lower mileage car will be MUCH cheaper and easier to maintain.

And that Lincolnshire still be worth a lot when whoever has bought it is done with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom