• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

You're less likely to have a personal plate in Grimsby, especially on your Citroen BX

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
People who have personalised number plates on their cars are most likely to live in Scotland, a survey has found

The Grimsby Docks in England is where drivers are least likely to have them. The survey found owners of luxury cars, such as Ferraris, were more likely to splash out on the special registration numbers, with people who drive a Citroen BX the least likely to have them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7822893.stm

Sort of fits in with the "tales of the bleedin' obvious" articles in the London Metro newspaper................

Same here, had one issued as a company car, (no user chooser choices then) plastic bonnet and hatch, lower the thing to the floor for loading and revvy Pug 1.9 engine, which loved to be driven hard. Then the interior started to deteriorate, the drivers seat came off it's runners and the main hydraulic pump gave out rendering steering, suspension and most worryingly brakes inoperative. All at 25,000 miles and it was replaced by a Peugeot 405 Mi16. In the BX I made a mistake trying to impress my wife in the snow with a handbrake turn at the bottom of our cul de sac. The car ploughed straight on. The handbrake actuated the front wheels.

If Elephant want any more surveys doing, I'll do it twice as quickly, for half the price, with even better headline conclusions.

Here's a freebie in case they doubt the quality of my surveys:

People who have exotic sports cars are most likely to be adults, a survey has found.

Of the top 20 exotic sports cars by value, most were found to be owned by adults, with fewest owned by children.

Topping the table are males 17 years of age or over.

Females 16 years of age or under are least likely to own an exotic supercar.

Exotic super cars, have to be registered by the DVLA to be legally used on the road in the UK, and when purchased new cost upwards of a mid-size family hatchback.

"Status symbol"

The survey found owners of exotic sports cars, such as Ferraris, were more likely to splash out more money on buying and maintaining their cars, with owners of Citroen BX likely to spend least.

Bobby Dazzler, CEO of Gr8SurveysM8.com, said: "Some people see them as a status symbol and a way to express individuality.

"Occupations at the top of the list include those who get paid relatively more, with the highest also living in relatively posh houses".

The survey said there were some other surprises too. Most owners of exotic sports cars surveyed, had quite a nice house, usually kept the car in the garage, and tended not to use the automatic car wash at Morrisons.

How about 100% of all domestic accidents happen at home a survey has revealed

Why Grimsby Docks?

Am I right in thinking that Grimsby Docks is a place where one is more likely to find a ship than the registered address of a motor vehicle with a personalised number plate?

Surely then the report is wrong. There must be less personalised number plates in the North Sea and even more ships!:confused:

Change your name by deed poll to match your car. So, for example, become Mr. NG 57 YHR. It's far cheaper and you still have a personalised plate. Sorry Mr. NG 57 YHR if you're out there reading this.
Incidentally I believe Ng is the world's most common surname.

Yep, some people up there in Nowheresville even put them on a Skoda :devil:

can't imagine that.

who would be seen dead with this?
P1000348-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom