• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

£35k R129 SL60

Pretty sure it's been for sale before. Strong asking, I'm guessing he thinks the mileage justifies it, not so sure myself.

Not entirely clear what "Last owner 11 years" means. Is that referring to current, or previous?

Is this a member's car? Probably very nice but big money for a pre-facelift one?

Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz SL SL60 AMG for sale in Surrey | Pistonheads

I know I spent a lot of time looking for my mid face lift model 97/98 (M119, 5 speed box no wiring loom issues) But with the extra oomph of the 6.0L engine doesn't that negate the 4 speed box and isnt the 4 speed stronger?

Basically I want to know the benefit of a facelift SL60 vs pre face lift unless the above applies.

PS the 1995ish indicators are my least favourite, solid orange is my favourite and every so often im tempted to do it.

The 5-speed gearbox is fine ... it was used in place of the 7-speed on later AMGs.

Not entirely clear what "Last owner 11 years" means. Is that referring to current, or previous?

I've seen the car, he's referring to the previous owner.

The 5 speed is a super strong box. So strong it was used in the slr and also my s600 had the same 5 speed auto as the 7 speed was to weak for the torque. I think around 2010 the s600 had a 7 speed but I'm not sure.

The facelift sl60 is quicker 0-60 due mostly to the auto box. It comes with bigger tyres aswell. 18 inch wheels on facelift 17 inch of pre. A lot of cosmetic differences and the fuel injection on facelift is less problematic.

A 98 SL60 made £27k at last months swva auction. Can't see mileage info anymore but was twice auction estimate.

Could be ... Charles ironside site is strange ... Can't see prices or pictures?

Thanks ... Wouldn't come up for me. Interesting to see the target margins of these dealers. I suppose the right buyer would buy ..

There are two for sale at the mo, asking price for both is 35 big ones :eek:

The pricing surprises me given the lack of value in the R129 range in general. I guess rareness counts for a little. If they are priced right they will sell?

Well the sl60's that have sold in last 12 months have all gone within a few months apart from sultans and the white one for between 20k and 30k.

The pricing surprises me given the lack of value in the R129 range in general. I guess rareness counts for a little. If they are priced right they will sell?

It may be "just" a 129, but it's a 129 with a 6 litre AMG engine. That's the difference :)

Well the sl60's that have sold in last 12 months have all gone within a few months apart from sultans and the white one for between 20k and 30k.

Yup, and as good examples get rarer, I can see the prices going even higher.

Good if you own one then if they continue to rise. Thinking about it other brands do have similar price differences for better models. Using Porsche 964 as an example though the Turbo is worth a lot more but the entry 964 is still worth a few quid.sL500's are worth so little in comparison to SL60s but then a lot rarer I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom