£5,000 plug in grant news!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've checked the forums for similar stories, and i've found a discussion here - so i hope this is the right place. Considered a new thread, but assume the c350e posts are starting to take over the world :p - so posting here!

I know this has been partially covered here, but i got caught out by the grant removal.

It seems i ordered via NHS Fleet solutions in the short period where the Grant was up in the air.

I only noticed when this week a colleague of mine ordered one and let me know what he was paying £150+ per month less!

Whilst NHS Fleet solutions felt my pain they said there was nothing i could do (Since proved wrong).
I should add, i was also told it would cost me £500 to cancel and i couldn't re-order! (oh my!)

It did take an email to Fleet, Merc customer services and a BCC to the Daimler chief execs office.

Now i don't normally condone that and my email was hopefully understandably written whilst quite miffed/disgusted/upset (insert complaint issue description here).

However, things resolved themselves quite quickly.
I received a read receipt follow by a polite holding email from the chief execs office and the director of complaints. (friday night)

As promised, i would receive a call on Monday. Dead on 9am i had direct email informing me what would happen and to expect a phone call... 5 minutes later the phone rang and it was a very polite leasing manager (Who deals with the NHS fleet relationship from Merc's side).

He advised me that Merc did indeed send a bulletin to all lease companies advising they could probably not meet the grant deadline, and therefore to quote without the grant in mind.

However a new bulletin was sent a few weeks later recinding this and asking all quotes to be re-submitted.

So it sounds like NHS Fleet solutions main merc lease supplier didn't follow this leaving what looks like quite a few of us with much higher quotes then we should.

He advised me that he will speak to NHS fleet and the lease company and get back to me very shortly.

As promised, i received a phone call from the NHS Fleet customer manager, who also advised me she was aware, apologised and would get back to me soon.

By lunch time i had a new quote (over £100 per month cheaper) delivered, signed and sent back. The delivery date was kept the same, (Early March).

I then received a further phone call from NHS Fleet (Apologizing and explaining they are now looking further at this issue). And also received another lovely phone call from the Merc rep, apologizing and had a great chat about the issue with him.

Whilst i wouldn't wish that stress on anyone, Mercedes dealt with it incredibly professionally and politely. Not sure why i was shocked by this, as this will be my first mercedes, but i was and i'm really very impressed with how it has worked out.

So my bit of avise for people is to double check your quote if ordered around june/july/august 2015. and go back to confirm if the grant was included.

If NHS, depending on your personal circumstances the total effect after tax / salary etc should be between £330 and £400 per month. - Anything above that i would seriously question.

Both sides are aware (as they probably were before) so should be able to clarify quickly.

Mercedes did say they were going through all lease providers to confirm if anyone else requires a new quote / contract etc.

I've mentioned it before, but customer service is rarely right in this country. And when it is, it can be painful. Mercedes made sure that i felt update and that progress was quick. Well done Mercedes, and in particular Rob + team.

I hope the same would have happened if i didn't BCC the chief execs office, but hope it would have. Either way, impressive service when the customer feels aggrieved is not easy to achieve.

If any other people who have a fleet order going have any questions let me know, can elaborate bits if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom