• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

£80 for a door mirror LED?!

Thanks Chas. Do you have a how to on that?

Yes somewhere !!

Use a torch to see the little metal spring clip. Then use a flat screw driver to lever it up and the plastic mirror housing will pull off completely . I will look for more detailed info

Check the video Roger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYWyrXwLRIc

W215 should be same fitting and parts for W220

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?...s&Make=Mercedes%2DBenz&_odkw=led&_osacat=6030

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-B...ies?hash=item45edcf4199&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Last edited:
Thanks Chas, that looks great. Am I right in thinking that was done with the Taiwanese LEDs on eBay I linked to earlier on in this thread?

Probably Roger, but he is far too expensive ! I have had mine for over a year, no problems

Actually your links to USA items are way cheaper. At that price it is worth it, even if only to take the mirror housing off and check the wiring! Now I just need to see if that USA one with the smoked lenses will ship to the UK. I was going to smoke my rear lenses to go with my new starless grille so they would be perfect.

Last edited:
Absolutely, and you get facelift LED's :bannana:

Make sure you angle the mirror glass with the control switches in the car so the housing is not impeded as you slip it off. You can adjust the angle as you pull off if need be

Even better here Roger http://cgi.ebay.de/Facelift-Klargla...ehör?hash=item3ca57b12fd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 with instructions in German !

These are good too http://cgi.ebay.de/LED-Standlicht-M...ehör?hash=item35a1bf312c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
That's cool and the Xenon sidelights are too.

Now if I could only find someone shipping the smoked blinker lamps to the UK!

Update:- I got the cover off with the help of the Hispanic gentleman on the YouTube video and a reread of WIS, which was confusing because the instructions are for pre-facelift and facelift models.

Anyway, everything looked fine if a little dusty and full of cobwebs. Blew the latter two out and sprayed some WD40 around and everything seems to working fine with none of the error messages that have been plaguing me for a year.

Now I'm hooked on these facelift style LEDs though and considering the Xenon driving lights, thank you (I think) Chas!

Its easy when you know how ! Treat yourself at XMAS with the LED lights :D

All you need now if you don't already have is

Facelift lights
LED interior lights
COMAND
AMG alloys
AMG rear bumper
AMG pedals
MP3 Player controlled via COMAND and steering wheel :D

Last edited:
Its easy when you know how ! Treat yourself at XMAS with the LED lights :D

All you need now if you don't already have is

Facelift lights
LED interior lights
COMAND
AMG alloys
AMG rear bumper
AMG pedals
MP3 Player controlled via COMAND and steering wheel :D

Facelift lights - assume you mean the rear lights? I actually don't like these but am searching for smoked pre-facelift, guess I'll have to smoke my own!
LED interior lights - Never heard of this, tell me more.
COMAND - got it
AMG alloys - Missed an opportunity earlier this year on a set, on my list.
AMG rear bumper - what is the attraction of this?
AMG pedals - first mod I ever did.
MP3 Player controlled via COMAND and steering wheel - how can you do this, tell me more!

Update:

After two days of the mirror blinkers working without a problem since my clean up, they have started giving the same error message, "L. TURN SIG. REFLECTOR, CHECK LAMP!"

So I've ordered the replacement LEDs and we shall see if that solves the problem. My only concern here is taht the video from YouTube mentioned a similar error message, which he did say disappeared after a few hours, I'm guessing because of the lower resistance of LEDs. Chas, can you confirm this is the case?

It did with mine briefly for a minute. Put the hazards on and unplug the cover and plug it back in again to clear it. Some or most have no errors at all. I have had no problems over a year of use. Check your wiring in the mirror again for problems. Give it another good going over with WD40 .

Last edited:
Thanks Chas. Now, about those interior LEDs and COMAND controlled MP3 player...

Is the latter the Dension unit?

Last edited:
Ah, yes, I do recall. It suffers from the same disadvantage as the Dension though, no MP3 tag information. I think I'll stick with my Alpine MP3/DVD player running through the television auxiliary inputs. I can get 40 GB of MP3 files on a DVD and have run a remote eye through. No COMAND control but at least I can see track names, etcetera.

Incidentally, I just removed the nearside mirror to see if I could awaken the left wing indicator and now it's packed up completely. This morning it was only functioning with half the brightness of the offside unit, now it's not functioning at all. :(

The interior courtesy lights/downlights/ reading lights front and back above your head. They wont work in the rear number plate, they will give a bulb out error. They will work elsewhere though.

What's the benefit? Simply brighter light? Do they generate any error messages owing to the lower impedance?

I know you said white but I can see the attraction in moody blue lights for interior ambience although not sure which ones you'd choose to replace for that.

No error messages when you replace interior lights with LED ones. They look a lot better than the standard yellow ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom