12v permanent supply in boot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
I need an unswitched 12v supply in my boot rated at no more than 1 amp.

In the rear fuse box theres a few spare ways and one of which ive found has a permanent supply, on the rear of the fuse box its numbered 5 and coloured green but this does'nt correspond with fuse 5 on the front.My fuse schedule is missing from the car so I dont know whats what:(

fuses002.jpg

Does anyone know what the small socket on the rear of the box numbered 5 is? so I can buy the relevant plug.Or is there an easier way to pick up a supply.I could run one from the front fuse box busbar and buy a new fuse holder but id prefer not to.

Or what does this one do? if its a permanent live I could splice into it and fuse it down.

fuses003.jpg

Marty

PM me, I think I have the lead that plugs into it. Its voice recognition (so you can check it against the fuse for voice recognition/linguatronic). May have thrown it away, or it may be in my tool box or Alfie's.

The other one looks like an aftermarket device ? tracker ?? Or was 2002 before the 'standard mercedes alarm' was thatcham approved so they used an different on in UK ? (I think it was some years before that actually)

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard, your inbox is full.

Marty

As i'm being asked by others who want a power feed in the boot ...

Its only a 5amp (or maybe 7.5amp) feed - see what fuse is for the linguatronic already in the fusebox & dont make it larger.

Connector shell part number is
A037 545 29 28
Connector contact is
A013 545 76 26

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom