• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

18" on W124

my friend 'speedy' ov speedy tires in derby (plug plug) was one of the first people to go with 19" on a std wheel arched 124. he used genuine brabus 19" three piece wheels. the rears were 9" wide and he had the back of them shaved so they would fit. i wanted them for the wide body before he did this so was not happy when he effectivly 'ruined' them for my purposes.

if a 19 will fit a std body, im sure 18 will. what talibr and ed have said above is true, its the offset and suspention condition that determines the fit.

UPDATE:

I have fitted the INTRA Aero II 18 x 8J ET35 all round with 225/40/18 tyres. The car is driving fine with no issues of rubbing on the Rear and they only rub/touch slightly on the front if I drive aggresively over speed bumps. It does not touch on full lock left or right which is a bonus.

I am happy with the new look, I drive it as it should be driven being a cruiser. I dont drive the car like a Racer :rock: so its a sweet compromise as the ride is still ok.

Will let you guys know how I get on with the Genuine Staggered AMG II setup 18x8 ET31 and 18x9 ET35, when I get them delivered. If I cant modify a fit will sell them on. Will keep you posted:thumb:

Last edited:
But you see,now you can`t lower the car :o

But you see,now you can`t lower the car :o

YES! d w124, I cant lower the car you are right there!! at the moment like the car as it is, just going to work on the niggles the car has i.e

1) Intermitent electric windows, which sometimes work fine and at other times only work while the door is open:confused:

2) Rear demister dont work

3) Driver side seat belt presenter motor turning on & off when it likes and dont give me the belt:confused:

4) Slight wobble from the back suspension need to check rubbers etc

5) front passenger front headlight wiper dont work

No major problems as you can see, I can live with them but want to put them right, just waiting for the weather to get better so I can get the car back to the glory days.

Last edited:
How did you get on with those new 18's mate? Should have been fine - ive run an indentical setup on a previous 124...set to do the same with the current one. i.e. currently running intra 18x8 et35's...due to changeover to Amg Mono ii's - 18x8 / 18x9 et 31/35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom