1995 E36 Amg (w124)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
Looks like an excellent car. I think these cars are rare. Looks clean.

E36 AMG

It looks really good but twice it says "4 Door" so I wonder what else in the ad is nonsense?

That is really nice tho...:cool: And half the price of the last E36 AMG that was posted...

That looks like a genuine example :)

Manufacturer MERCEDES
Model E36 AMG COUPE AUTO
Body type COUPE
Colour BLACK
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 31 December 1995
Number of previous owners 2
Last owner change 09 March 1998

That looks really nice.

I just shouldnt have clicked the link!

aka$h said:
I just shouldnt have clicked the link!

You know you want to :D

High-Lo said:
You know you want to :D
Im off to see it at lunch time.

500E said:
Let us guys on a forum know what shes like :D :D
Will do, hopefully Ill have a p\x deal with mine, fingers crossed!

aka$h said:
Will do, hopefully Ill have a p\x deal with mine, fingers crossed!

Good luck mate. Hope its a good'un :)

Looks like an absolute cracker.. and half the price of the same thing at Silver Arrows or Charles Ironside.

The words "Quite unique" trouble me, it's either unique or it isn't. Very rare yes, unique no.
But a bargain all the same.

Just make sure its got the original 3.6 AMG engine as well as a body kit and wheels! Chassis no and vin plate/ log book / service book back page should tell you a bit more- engine no etc. looks nice, genuine ones in good nick are pretty rare.

Last edited:
Went to see the car this lunch time, its a genuine e36, good service history, but the car has had a full respray, unusual for a dealer to do that on such an old car, and the seats have been painted and not very well either.

Spec wise, my car has a few more options than this one had, the ones missing were, rear blind, dipping mirror, heated seats and temp display, although it did have cruise control.

Now for the drive, in comparison with my car, which has the same suspension setup, this e36 seemed to be loose and wallowed around bends. The most disappointing thing was the power, I was expecting a bit of 'WOW' when I put my foot down, but alas not. I think the problem is the fact it still only has a 4sp box, I really couldn’t feel an extra 50bhp under the bonnet. I’m sure on a motorway at 100mp+ you'll notice a difference, but how often can you do that?

The paintwork on the car was to a high standard, but the body kit just doesn’t do it for me without a DuckTail, and a DuckTail doesn’t look quite right with a facelift rear bumper, which is why it was excluded from the facelift kit. Luckily for me, mine had the older style rear bumper too.

The deciding factor was the p\x offer of £3k for mine, I cannot justify the extra £7k, especially when I really didn’t find too much difference in the drive.

Here's a few photo's (my car is dirty-hosepipe ban:mad: )

dsc0006215eu.jpg

dsc0006314cj.jpg

dsc0006412cy.jpg

dsc0006510om.jpg

dsc0006911fs.jpg

dsc0007018iz.jpg

Last edited:
Akash,

Disappointing that it wasnt that "special". I also would have expecting more power than an E320. I still think it looks great although wary about the paintwork job and the leather - maybe it was accident damaged?

Also how come it wasnt as stiff as your 320? Surely the E36 had AMG suspension, maybe it was worn out. Have any pics of the interior?

Regards.

500E said:
Akash,

Disappointing that it wasnt that "special". I also would have expecting more power than an E320. I still think it looks great although wary about the paintwork job and the leather - maybe it was accident damaged?

Also how come it wasnt as stiff as your 320? Surely the E36 had AMG suspension, maybe it was worn out. Have any pics of the interior?

Regards.

There is more power there, but If you gave it to someone saying it was the same car, most people wouldnt even notice it.

My car drive very tight for 100k, I can only assume suspension work was carried out by the previous owner. My car also sits about half an inch lower.

dsc0006616dl.jpg

The interior looks clean, but when you look closely at them you nitice the marks under the paint, a year down the line it will look patchey. The storage box has been changed for a black one at some point, and the wood vaneer around the gear selector has also cracked.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well, I guess the price reflects the condition. Although its still expensive for a W124, even mint 500E's sell for less, and obvoiusly have bags more power and torque. I would suggest to keep away from it, for that price anyway. Usually the storage boxes are replaced because the leather peels, happened to my 500E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom