2001 clk320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mymini007

Car
Mini (real one) CLS320
Hi all,

I have been asked by my Aunt to see if there would be any interest in their car as they have just bought a new E350

It's a 2000/2001 CLK 130000 on the clock.

They have owned the car for 14 years. Unfortunately my uncle is not one for paperwork and had a clear out because the folder was "cluttered with pointless receipts" So threw them all away. :doh:

The car has been serviced by the same garage for the last 14 years so service history should not be too hard to trace. (I will give them a call this week to see what I can find out)

So the car.....

Bodywork

I know the car has had some body work to the drivers side. New door skin, wing and mirror, after my uncle had a run in with a fence. This was 3 or 4 years ago. I think this was registered by the insurance company, so may carry a CAT D but will check (not sure how yet)

There is a patch or rust on the bonnet in the centre below the grille. The passenger side wing looks like one of MBs finest, and will need to be replaced or repaired. There is a shallow dent in the boot lid, I would imagine this would be easily sorted, but it's not broken the paint. The bumpers are scuffed on the corners. And some kind person has run a key along the rear quarter, but it's not deep.

Wheels

All tyres are legal. There is a rim around the outer part of the wheel that had oxidized, and will need to me tidied up. But the wheels seem straight.

Interior

Black leather, memory front drivers seat, some scuffing on the bolster as you would expect. Other than that pretty good.
One of the wood door capping is broken, this could be replaced easy or left, it's just cosmetic. All the buttons seem to work. The AC is less than adequate, but then, I think most MBs of this age are the same. I know mine was.
The steering wheel controls seem to work.
Now the thing that did surprise me here is, that it has a command system, I have not seen a CLK this age with command before, but it has one.
I have not tried to connect a phone, or use the nav, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Mechanicals

The car starts and runs as you should expect, it shifts up through the gears and back down again with no problems. The tiptronic works well too, and no issues with the kickdown. No smoke under load, and runs smoothly at idle. The brakes seem to be fine, as does the suspension. I though I heard a light knock after going over a speed bump, but I have not heard it since. It has some MOT left, 4 months I think.
The reversing lights do not work, I have read that this will be the switch on the selector. Not sure how difficult this is to replace.

It's not a minter by any means, but she starts and drives and is very comfortable, if you are looking for a project or just a runabout this could be the one. If I had the time and space I would keep it for myself. But I have neither.

I have no idea what to ask as the price range on these is wide, so If I say £1200??? ono and see what happens, I really am open to offers.
I will take some photos this week and post them on here.
If you are interested, the car is located in Chippenham so you can pop down and have a look. or message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom