2003 S Class rear lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S500L

Car
Mercedes S500L, Mercedes Sprinter 308, BMW Z4, Nissan Navara Rally Raid
I have just had a shock!
I wanted to update the look of my 2000 S500 by fitting the new "crystal" 2003 rear lights.
Rang Whitefield Mercedes and asked how much the rear lamp assembly was.

ONLY £89 +VAT

What a bargain, they will be in Tuesday.

The new BiXenon fronts are a different matter though.
£600 each.

Just got the rear lights from Whitefield.
Whitefield are v good. The other dealer I rang wouldn't order them without a 2003 vin no. Obviously I haven't got one as my S500L is a 2000 model.
The new light units were v easy to fit. 10 mins each side.
MB have added a lug and omitted another lug (easily sorted) but apart from this they are a direct fit.
All the lights work perfectly.
Now the view from the back of my car is just like a brand new car.

Might be a bit late to get before photo's!

Originally posted by S500L
Whitefield are v good. The other dealer I rang wouldn't order them without a 2003 vin no. Obviously I haven't got one as my S500L is a 2000 model.
Whitefield are good aren't they? Other stealerships need the VIN because they want to make sure the part will fit, they're not set up for people like us that want parts regardless of whether they think it will fit or not. I just hope that the recent take-over by DC won't affect the service quality of the parts dept.

Pics please :)

I'v had the problem with the vin thing too . I have worked out a way round it tho....

Just look out on their forecourt for a car that has what your looking for , note the vin and beat the system :bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by fuzzer
I'v had the problem with the vin thing too . I have worked out a way round it tho....

Just look out on their forecourt for a car that has what your looking for , note the vin and beat the system :bannana: :bannana:
That works unless you want something from a slightly rare car, like a facelift w208 CLK55 AMG. You don't find one on EVERY forecourt ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom