• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2003 sl500 fuel flap wont close

mmb

i am having problems with my fuel filler flap first it refused to open now it refuses to clik shut is it easy to fix????

mmb said:
i am having problems with my fuel filler flap first it refused to open now it refuses to clik shut is it easy to fix????
I had a mate with similar problems on a 2002 C220cdi. He called out mobilo-life and they fiddled behind the lining in the boot.
Problem re-occurred about 3 times resulting in new parts fitted under warranty. (Each time he was told new parts were fitted & problem solved - I believe the new parts were eventually fitted on the third occasion)

There is a emergency rod release which can be accessed by removing the bootling lining panel on the driver's side. You just simply pull the rod and it releases the lock pin from the fuel falp and enbales it to open. If it is a faulty pin/mechanism then a bit of lubrication may do it good as a temporary fix.

Also, it could posisbly be that the pin lock housing unit requires a little bit of adjustment to re-align it correctly which can easily be done.

Flash said:
There is a emergency rod release which can be accessed by removing the bootling lining panel on the driver's side. You just simply pull the rod and it releases the lock pin from the fuel falp and enbales it to open. If it is a faulty pin/mechanism then a bit of lubrication may do it good as a temporary fix.

Also, it could posisbly be that the pin lock housing unit requires a little bit of adjustment to re-align it correctly which can easily be done.

Thats correct. I had the same problem with my flap as it happened several times. In an emergency, you just pull the rod. However, I used a very good lubricant spray, don't know what its called but made by Wurth and the problem has never re-occurred since.

Unfortunately, my flap never locks now as some thug damaged the flap when he nicked my fuel:devil:

thanks for the quick replys i will take it in to the dealer today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom