• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2005 C180k engine issues (M271)

Imr4n

My wife has a 2005 C180k (M271) which recently has had a few issues. At idle and low speed, the engine is shaking noticeably. I have scanned for codes and it brought up misfire on all cylinders and a MAF error code.

The spark plugs have been changed recently so there ok. I doubt all 4 coil packs can fail all at once? Plus the car runs fine at speed, only misfires at low speed/idle.

MAF sounds faulty so was going to clean that first. Ideally want to take it off but it looks like a pain as the whole airbox needs to be removed. So have to clean it with the MAF in place.

Someone told me to disconnect the MAF and see if it runs better. Is it worth doing?

Lastly, I have heard that there is a vac hose that runs under the airbox which can split. Does this apply to the M271 engine, does it have this vac hose?

Anyone able to assist? Hoping to get this fixed as problem is getting worse.

Yes the 271 has a breather hose that splits underneath the air box.
Also have issues with timing chains

Thank you for responding. Oh I know all about the chain, this is my second engine in the car. Was it your timing chain or the hose? Will check the hose tomorrow, thank you.

I’ve not got a 271 engine in mine but done plenty of work over the years on them. Start at the hose as it’s easier. But be prepared to pull the rocker cover off!

Hi all, sorry back again still with a misfire. I had a mid fire on cyl 1 & 3 so I changed the coil packs and spark plugs on those cylinders. I also changed the valve cover gasket which was leaking into the spark plugs. Both the camshaft soloniods have been changed also. I have taken off the airbox to check the pipe underneath it and that has no leaks. The car drives fine but misfires a low speed and ideal badly. The only code that is coming up is a code for the solinoids p2054-000. Can any one help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom