2007 C55 Estate, laundry list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very!

I simply do not believe that some of those issues have not been present and noticeable at a previous MOT.

Also for the best part of £3600 I would be certainly looking at other quotes and opinions from someone like PCS

Some of the list may be considered an advisory but its the testers judgement. The torque arm bushes are highly unlikely to be an advisory unless they are very bad. I don't think I've seen a failure in regards to those bushes ever.

Well done for your commitment.
Do you know the extent of work done to the inner sill(s), as one photos shows a large hole and another, a collapsing jack pad?

I immediately asked about the hole, but Craig said that it was just crust, and once he'd buzzed it off it was all solid metal underneath, I'll ask him about the jack pad when I pick the car up.

I have the final bill, for those interested - £3,520.50

I immediately asked about the hole, but Craig said that it was just crust, and once he'd buzzed it off it was all solid metal underneath, I'll ask him about the jack pad when I pick the car up.

I have the final bill, for those interested - £3,520.50
Did you have any other work done or just the subframes, new drop links and control arms? And how long did it take for the whole job?

I would be interested in having this done to my C350, its in storage just now and MOT is due December, I have similar open wallet view as yourself as I love the car. I also want the front suspension given a refresh as well.

Took about a week, although I dropped the car off a few days before they could start on it - I was impressed with how fast they got through it.

It was the rear subframe, brake pipes, bushings and bolts (including some for the exhaust system as they'd all rotted), with the lions share of the invoice being the labour to strip everything back, de-rust, then coat it all and put everything back together.

Give Craig a call and have a chat with him about it, he's a nice chap.

I'm thinking of asking Comand Online to fit their multimedia pack to my car (plugs in where the CD multi changer does), has anyone else done this?

Sorry - the sunk cost fallacy is where one continues to put money into a (potentially failing) investment simply because one has already put a lot in previously.

At some point it makes sense to (literally) cut your losses and for e.g. scrap the car. I'm not there yet.

I think we've all done that at one point or another, I put a couple of grand into mine in a 12 month period 2-3 years ago, and have just had to have another 850's worth, and yes, those dam front to back brake pipes are costly as 'F' ! fortunately, I was able to find a local garage that just did them for me at a reasonable price and in copper so wont have the corrosion issues again. I am also getting bored changing front lower wishbones because one of the joints is worn, f'ing oxfordshire and their disregard to road surface conditions is getting beyond a joke!

I'm thinking of asking Comand Online to fit their multimedia pack to my car (plugs in where the CD multi changer does), has anyone else done this?
Nope, but can highly recommend them for quality of work and knowledge :)

Having spent the year taking an ever increasing amount of mountain biking kit around various bike parks and country locations I have come to the conclusion that I need to step up to an E class, so will be selling the C55 to fund this move.

If anyone is interested in this car please give me a shout- this thread has been as honest as I can be about the car, so hopefully people can see that I have sought to keep this in the best condition that I can.

If you have an E63 and fancy downsizing then give me a shout- we may be able to effect an exchange of some sort.

Having spent the year taking an ever increasing amount of mountain biking kit around various bike parks and country locations I have come to the conclusion that I need to step up to an E class, so will be selling the C55 to fund this move.

If anyone is interested in this car please give me a shout- this thread has been as honest as I can be about the car, so hopefully people can see that I have sought to keep this in the best condition that I can.

If you have an E63 and fancy downsizing then give me a shout- we may be able to effect an exchange of some sort.
There certainly won’t be another C55 which has had some much recent maintenance done, which must take away some of the lottery associated with buy a car like this. Good luck with new car 👍🏻

Thanks BD!

I just gave Four Star Classics a call to see if they'd be interested in the car, which they are, chap said to me "as one of fifty UK cars this is going to be worth serious money in five to ten years, can you not just hold onto it?", which whilst very helpful in some ways is less so in others!

Moved the car from it's summer 18" AMG/Pirelli P-Zero's to the 17" AMG/Pirelli Sotto-Voce winter setup today.

455939c6717c5aed0b5c58caa74f3a0919d9778a.png

I will be the lucky new owner :)

The car looks mint in person, as you'd perhaps expect if you've read this thread (!) Night and day from the first car I viewed Pre-purchase inspection of a C55 near Southampton? | General Discussion

Obviously I'll be hoping that the rate of required expenditure will slow down now, but at the same time I'm aware that a 13 year old performance car isn't going to be particularly cheap to run, and things will need doing. I'll try and keep it in as good condition as it is.

I will be the lucky new owner :)

The car looks mint in person, as you'd perhaps expect if you've read this thread (!) Night and day from the first car I viewed Pre-purchase inspection of a C55 near Southampton? | General Discussion

Obviously I'll be hoping that the rate of required expenditure will slow down now, but at the same time I'm aware that a 13 year old performance car isn't going to be particularly cheap to run, and things will need doing. I'll try and keep it in as good condition as it is.
Congratulations, I doubt there’s a car which has been maintained so well in recent years. Enjoy your new car 👍🏻

Well, huge thanks to Dammit for keeping his car in such great condition and being such a great guy to deal with. This thread really helped give me confidence to buy his car, it's a nice example of the power of forums to bring enthusiasts together.

I've started a new thread to document my own experiences with this lovely car, rather excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom