• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2010 Mercedes 3.0 V6 leaking power steering fluid , do these only have 1 ps pipe ?

KramEkard

Car
2010 Mercedes E350 3.0 v6
Hi everyone.
As per title my car is leaking power steering fluid and has been for about 2months. I'm buying a bottle of power steering fluid every day or 2 which is costing a lot of money .
A mechanic showed me a pipe underneath the car at bottom of engine but I don't remember which one it is and I ordered one from eBay but apparently it's the wrong one.

Does anyone know what power steering pipe these have ?

Huge thanks

Hi everyone.
As per title my car is leaking power steering fluid and has been for about 2months. I'm buying a bottle of power steering fluid every day or 2 which is costing a lot of money .
A mechanic showed me a pipe underneath the car at bottom of engine but I don't remember which one it is and I ordered one from eBay but apparently it's the wrong one.

Huge thanks
A picture would help

I'll try get underneath tomorrow and post a photo, so are you implying these have more than 1 ps pipe ?
I don’t know but you will get better advice if others can see the pipe and the leak .

It may be the radiator behind the bumper bit of a pain. I had same thing leaking down the front.

I fitted a new radiator but has a similar issue as the clip that clipped the metal pipes coming off the body vibrated against it and caused a pinhole. In the end I removed the cooler from the system by just joining the pipes that go into the cooler with a fitting. I have not had any problems with the oil getting hot and the steering has been fine ever since. I have a new cooler in the garage to fit when I do some work on it next.

Might be that. If it is its abit of a pain to remove the bumper etc but not bad and can be done in a afternoon or you can just join the pipes like I did and call it good.

I have the part number if you want a replacement if that is the issue. I will take a photo.

Mine is also a 2010 3.0 V6.

Hi everyone.

Huge thanks
Where is the oil coming from is it the front?

Hi
I have a 2009 E350 CDI Coupe 3L V6.
After being told o ring leaks ordered one and spare curclip. have just removed three bolts to power steering tank to replace o ring. Found out isn't one just one pipe attached to bottom right to tank! Leak is from under neath somewhere either pump or a pipe. (Cant see anything so will have to take off panel under neath steam clean and see where leak is from. Thought was onto a winner, never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom