2013 E63 or C63 Performance pack saloon to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you driven both cars yet?

What extras does the E63 actually have?

....These

218 Reversing camera
A
22P Lane-Tracking Package
A
231 Garage Door Opener
A
234 Blind Spot Assist
A
282 Ski bag with through-loading facility
A
287 Rear seats - split folding ? : ?, with through-loading facility
A
297 Sunblinds for rear side windows
A
298 Airbags - rear sidebags
A
301 Ashtray and cigarette lighter
A
386 Telephone pre-wiring with hands-free facility and telephone aerial on
A
401 Comfort-ventilated front seats - choice of heating or cooling
A
409 Multi-contour seats for driver and front passenger
A
476 Lane-Keeping Assist
A
512 COMAND Online with integrated 6-disc changer
A
513 Speed Limit Assist Plus
A
540 Roller blind for rear window
A
543 Two-part folding sun visors for driver and passenger with illuminated
A
670 Residual engine heat utilisation
A
785 19" AMG alloy wheels (4) - 5-twin-spoke design
A
804 Technical modifications (04)
A
864 Rear seat entertainment system
A
865 TV tuner- with Digital reception capability
A
871 Hands-free-access
A
872 Rear seats - heated
A
881 Automatic powered boot closing
A
H73 AMG carbon-fibre interior trim
A
P09 Sun Protection Package
A
P17 Keyless-Go Comfort Package
A
R Right-hand drive
A
U25 AMG door sills with white illumination
A
044 designo Paint
A

Have you driven both cars yet?

I drove the E63 up and down a dual carriageway, so quite limited really. It didn't feel really quick, just quite fast TBH, but it did feel planted on the road. I must be spoiled as I came from a 750HP RS6 which this is being compared to. It did feel expensive however and as you can see above it has a decent enough spec.

I didn't drive the C63, but the owner gave it some spirited driving, it has been remapped so felt as fast as the E63. It felt more agile and the exhaust was frightening on revving if you where standing behind the car... lol.

So as 24hrs have past from your initial post, your time is up! :D Which one did you buy??

I have a deposit on the E63 Abb.

It is going through the prep process, so apparently will be done by tomorrow. The sales guy Pi??ed me off tbh, so having 2nd thoughts about it. The C63 was supposed to have a LSD at the agreed price,...but it turns out that it doesn't have LSD. I bid him £1500 less so I could get a quaiff one retrofitted, he declined my offer. lol

If I don't find a E63s in the meantime, i will prob get the E63

Thats a good spec alright, is it an S model?

I previously sold my C63 and purchase my current E63.
For me, the E63 is a much better car, and its way more exclusive then the C63.
I could count on one hand the number of E63's I've seen on the roads here in Northern Ireland, well I see a W213 E63S fairly regularly as he live in my area, and what a noise that things makes.

C63's, on the other hand I seen daily.

Comparison's for me, the E63 is more planted, and certainly a lot more grip than my old C63. Yes the E63 isn't as shouty as the C63, but I quite like that.
Its certainly a much nicer and more refined place to be.

My only grip with the E63 is the attention is draws, like yesterday for example.
Parked at a shop in town, and two guys cross a busy road to get a look at the car, and talk with me about it.
Even driving around when parked up at lights, you see driver or passenger windows getting cracked open to have a listen. But that could well just be because they seem so few over here.
The C63 never drew that amount of attention, at least not that I ever noticed.

I have a deposit on the E63 Abb.

It is going through the prep process, so apparently will be done by tomorrow. The sales guy Pi??ed me off tbh, so having 2nd thoughts about it. The C63 was supposed to have a LSD at the agreed price,...but it turns out that it doesn't have LSD. I bid him £1500 less so I could get a quaiff one retrofitted, he declined my offer. lol

If I don't find a E63s in the meantime, i will prob get the E63

Congrats on the purchase! Is the E you have a deposit on, the one with the spec you listed previously? As that sounded like an 'S'? Or is it another??

The E63 is a standard car. I will have to take it on a trip to Acid if/when I get it to add the theatrical final missing piece

The E63 is a standard car. I will have to take it on a trip to Acid if/when I get it to add the theatrical final missing piece
‘Standard’ but with a fine list of extras. Very well specked up car as Abb has mentioned.
Mine is ‘Standard’, when I took it to Acid it dyno’d At 583 bhp, mapped to 684 with 835lb/ft torque.
That will do for theatre I think (and maybe a Quaiffe):rolleyes:

Guys, I decided not to buy this in the end and will be asking for my deposit back in the morning due to the buying experience at the dealer. I am looking at a Jag For type R AWD which I know is different but has the character and drama in spades, not to mention those looks.

Thanks for the help and warm welcome, until next time.

Cheers
Steve

Sorry to hear that Steve. Hopefully you will have a better experience with the Jag! :)

Anything in particular about the buying experience that has put you off or just a personal thing with the dealer customer service? Seems like you are not the only member on here having far from pleasant experiences with dealers selling such high end cars.

Last edited:
Guys, I decided not to buy this in the end and will be asking for my deposit back in the morning due to the buying experience at the dealer. I am looking at a Jag For type R AWD which I know is different but has the character and drama in spades, not to mention those looks.

Thanks for the help and warm welcome, until next time.

Cheers
Steve
Jeez, what did he do on you.

Here is the link to the car guys.Mercedes-Benz

They resprayed the front passenger side wing after filling it in a few places that I could see, and the front bumper also has been resprayed as it was badly scuffed on the side and scraped underneath (all part of the prep). One wheel was cracked, which they replaced, they have put on 2 new discs and 4 new tyres iirc.

Lol... Bad chemistry with the sales guy was the issue here, he made me feel he was doing me a favour by showing me the car and selling the car to me, and by pretty much refusing to acknowledge any snags on my 1 and only viewing of the car...I just got the feeling he didn't like me..... :( :)

That seems like an excellent price from a MB main dealer considering the level of prep they have put into it.

Some car salesman can be d!cks, in the same way as some estate agents etc. It wouldn’t stop me buying a car that I wanted (or the house I’m in now - didn’t get on with the agent very well but nothing to do with the house)

Could you not have asked to deal with someone else if you liked the car? Had it been a wagon and I wasn’t already buying one I’d have given it a look :cool:

It is a good price for the spec I would think. Strange its not advertised on autotrader or anything

They resprayed the front passenger side wing after filling it in a few places that I could see, and the front bumper also has been resprayed as it was badly scuffed on the side and scraped underneath (all part of the prep). One wheel was cracked, which they replaced, they have put on 2 new discs and 4 new tyres iirc.

The fact that you could still see it had been repaired would have been enough to put me off (I know the paint finish will have been a PITA to get it exact), shame really as the spec was the best I have seen on one of these, coupled with the fact it is MBAU and comes with a warranty, at a very competetive price, sounded like an excellent all roound package.
Do you think it was at that price due to the repairs/prep?

I doubt there’s another on the MB dealer forecourts at that price with that equipment level.
If that had been around when I was looking last year I’d have had it. Mine has/had very few frills in comparison
Wait a minute, why’s it showing as 525bhp on the web site, don’t they know their own products ?

Is it really cheap?
These have hefty depreciation ahead for a number of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom