2013 E63 or C63 Performance pack saloon to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wait a minute, why’s it showing as 525bhp on the web site, don’t they know their own products ?
When was the last time you met a car salesman who knew what he was selling. 9/10 times you'll know more than they do.

I'd definitely ask to deal with someone else as why should someone get commission for just taking an order, better it goes to someone who deserves it. Still, an F-Type R is hardly a downgrade!

Wait a minute, why’s it showing as 525bhp on the web site, don’t they know their own products ?

Is that not right John for a standard E63? It's not an 'S'.

The car appears to have been re,over from the website

Hi Jatboy
I'm also on the search for an E63 but had been focusing on an estate. I had seen this saloon and was looking to make an enquiry as it is a great spec and price.
Sorry to hear that you've been put off by the salesman. If you have def decided not to proceed I might take a punt if I may? Did they offer you a good PX price and shift on their windscreen price at all? What warranty was offered?

No PX from me, they gave me £500 off and free delivery to Kent. 2 years AMG warranty. Is there supposed to be a badge on the front wing that was resprayed??

No PX from me, they gave me £500 off and free delivery to Kent. 2 years AMG warranty. Is there supposed to be a badge on the front wing that was resprayed??
Yip V8 Biturbo badge

Yes, the badge is missing. Poor attention to detail from them (and the bodyshop) I guess.

Upon a second glance, the whole front end doesn’t look properly aligned - could just be bumper/grille fitting or something more sinister?

Attachments

• DF57E687-CA52-4744-B03D-EB74B863510E.png
    DF57E687-CA52-4744-B03D-EB74B863510E.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 27
Wow, good spot Will! That really is misaligned.
Jatboy, what was your overall impression of the car?
Did you get a good look at receipts and service history? You can tell me to s0d off if you still intend to buy it

I didn't get that far, I asked about previous warranty work, they said there was not much. Paintwork on the panels looks a bit off in these pics. Int is nice apart from the few scratches on rear bench. It is not a dog however, go and see it if you like it, the colour is amazing in person

Absolutely no criticism aimed at you Jatboy but did they not show you all the paperwork before you put your deposit down?

I put a deposit down on the phone after seeing a video, then when I went to see it, they were too busy to spend time with me, they also said all the paperwork was "locked in their office". You guys know the rest.lol

Hi Nick,

I must have deleted the video as can't see in my email. I did get a service report (which I found while looking for the vid just now) it has had all the correct services from main dealers. It has had 3 services, the last was Oct 2017 when it also had plugs done.

A much as it has been maintained correctly service wise, it doesn't seem to have been cared for. A car which has such little mileage, yet has obviously suffered some forms of impact with obstacles to need that the repair work carried out. Wing & bumper need fixing, alloy wheel cracked, front end mis aligned with a cheap price tag for a high spec car.........am sure if it was in Bradford there would be afew raised eyebrows on here, but it seems to be acceptable because it's at MB :rolleyes:

I tend to agree Abb, the steering wheel looks really bad on the right hand side too. But the spec is very good !! I wonder if it's been used on the track as part of the MB performance day package thingies. Equals a hard life, perhaps listen to the spidey-sense on this one?

I am an absolute sucker for spec on car and this is the best I have seen in a very very long time. If I was in the market for one, I would have put the deposit via phone like the OP, based on the spec alone!
Something is quite not right with this IMO, for all the reasons that have been outlined/highlighted above BUT I can see the huge appeal all thing considered. However if it was I, as hard as it would be, my head would have to rule on this and I would walk away like the OP.

Yes, the badge is missing. Poor attention to detail from them (and the bodyshop) I guess.

Upon a second glance, the whole front end doesn’t look properly aligned - could just be bumper/grille fitting or something more sinister?

The bonnet closes on two catches. If you don't drop the bonnet hard enough it doesn't close properly, normally on one side.

I tend to agree Abb, the steering wheel looks really bad on the right hand side too. But the spec is very good !! I wonder if it's been used on the track as part of the MB performance day package thingies. Equals a hard life, perhaps listen to the spidey-sense on this one?

The steer wheel is easily tarnished however the altancara can be cleaned with, surprisingly, baby wipes to get it looking new again.

If it's a good paint job, and they correct the missing badge, the spec / price / mileage is hard to turn down.

I'm not sure how much of a hard life it's had, there was a baby seat in the back for the last MOT! Maybe just a careless driver at some point?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom