30 pin connector to Bluetooth connectivity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duff3103

Car
2007 E63 AMG
Can anyone recommend a 30 pin to Bluetooth module? That will fit and actually work in my w211 E-class?

there is an aux Input but doesn’t seem to work or isn’t connected, but I’d prefer to be able to Bluetooth my phone to the module and play music through that instead of having it constantly plugged into a cable

Thanks 🙂

Are you asking about the 30 pin connector in the armrest?
If so this was only designed for Bluetooth telephony not music streaming.

Are you asking about the 30 pin connector in the armrest?
If so this was only designed for Bluetooth telephony not music streaming.
No I have heard of people fitting a module or whatever it’s called to the 30 pin iPod connector in the glovebox and you can then connect your phone to play music through the head unit

I’m aware the one in the arm rest is phone call specific only

No I have heard of people fitting a module or whatever it’s called to the 30 pin iPod connector in the glovebox and you can then connect your phone to play music through the head unit

I’m aware the one in the arm rest is phone call specific only
I do not think that 30 pin connector was standard, possibly an after market fitting?

There are many Bluetooth receivers you can buy. In your case it needs to connect to this 30 pin cable and hope that the cable is connected to an input on the head unit. I use one with my W211 NTG1 but that has an Aux socket in the Glovebox that works.

You do have to select "Aux" when trying to use that socket but presumably you have tried this.

It may help you get motr6answers if you let us know what model of head unit you have fitted.

Yeah I have selected aux, I had suspected maybe the cable but it works everywhere else. I was also wondering if maybe it wasn’t working due to it being a phone rather than an I pod.
The 30 pin connector does disappear through the back of the glovebox and assuming into the head unit. I’m wondering if the connector replaces the aux input with this cable instead?

Iv had a look at the head unit and I can’t see any markings on the unit to say what model it is, can’t find anything on the screen that I know about anyway. It has NAV as well as a 6 disc changer underneath the head unit. There is a sound setting called logic 7 so I’m assuming it’s a 7 speaker setup but I don’t know the model number unless you have an idea on how to find it which may involve pulling the head from the console?

Yeah I have selected aux, I had suspected maybe the cable but it works everywhere else. I was also wondering if maybe it wasn’t working due to it being a phone rather than an I pod.
The 30 pin connector does disappear through the back of the glovebox and assuming into the head unit. I’m wondering if the connector replaces the aux input with this cable instead?

Iv had a look at the head unit and I can’t see any markings on the unit to say what model it is, can’t find anything on the screen that I know about anyway. It has NAV as well as a 6 disc changer underneath the head unit. There is a sound setting called logic 7 so I’m assuming it’s a 7 speaker setup but I don’t know the model number unless you have an idea on how to find it which may involve pulling the head from the console?
Post a picture of the head unit on here and someone will recognise it.

Does it have the Navigation DVD in a drive in the left hand side of the boot and a slot for a DVD in the head unit?

If we cannot solve this for you then hopefully one of the Forum sponsors from Catalog

will see your post and advise 👍

It definitely has a dvd drive in the headunit, I haven’t checked the boot but I’m assuming it has got this also

It definitely has a dvd drive in the headunit, I haven’t checked the boot but I’m assuming it has got this also
Sounds like it could be an NTG1unit.

Do you have a reversing camera? I ask as this cannot be fitted to NTG1 and it all helps narrow it down but a picture of the unit will be definitive.

Sounds like it could be an NTG1unit.

Do you have a reversing camera? I ask as this cannot be fitted to NTG1 and it all helps narrow it down but a picture of the unit will be definitive.
It does not have a reversing camera, I could grab a photo tomorrow to confirm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom