300ce amg.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you saying Recaro did some proper adapters to bolt to the electric Merc subframes?

I'm surprised that a man selling recaro seats left right and centre didn't know that :p

Ha, probably should have. Reason I asked is every set I’ve had that came out of a W124 had non electric subframes, and I haven’t seen any for sale with Recaro numbers to indicate they did them. Makes sense that they did. Do they not sit a bit high?

Cheers Ed, hopefully the better wording emphasis’s what I was trying to say. There isn’t many givens in the pre merger AMG world.

Re the seats John and psa were referring to forwards and backwards being on the recaro switch panel on the seat as far as I can tell.

Fitting recaros to electric bases is something I need to do actually, according to this it needs cutting and shutting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBT_00GWJ1A

Are you saying Recaro did some proper adapters to bolt to the electric Merc subframes?

Billy, heres a walkaround of the UK car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPBlk_UCSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2I1ndlwZw

Niks, good for you. So you’re doing the same thing as you’re complaining this guy is doing, buying £10k Japanese cars and selling them or £25k. Why is that OK for you and not for him? Hopefully you’ll think twice about going round knocking other people’s cars now. £25k 500e? Niiiiice.

Agreed Recaro Never had a forward/back control on the seat panel.
The Recaro bases were either fixed or manual forward/back movement.

I found using the Recaro base adapter on the Merc base sometimes makes the seats sit too high.
If you look on the project section for my wide body build you'll see details on using unequal leg aluminum angle to make a custom adapter..
Very easy and inexpensive to fabricate.
Also allows the retention of the factory seat side trim for a finished appearance :thumb:
Ed A.

Custom Recaro adapter

This is the custom adapter made from unequal leg aluminum angle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 23
all i said was that the recaro c classic's didnt have back and forth movement by the cse's do. take a look at your cse's or do you want me to up load a pic of mine?

recaro did specific adapters! gathering information solely from youtube and ggogle is never a good idea. LOL! so you sell recaro?? i can sell you a set with the very rare back and forth movement if interested!

This might be helpful...

4RECARO.jpg~original

Now now psa, bitchy comments just breed more bitchy comments… I do sell Recaros, you bought my single one on ebay a while ago and decided not to get in contact about it. Thanks for that. You make ebay great. I would have left feedback along the lines of TYPICAL SPINELESS EBAYER NO CONTACT AVOID LIKE A SOUTH LONDON HOOKER WITH A SKIN DISEASE but ebay wouldn’t let me. Shame.

Upload a picture of yours, I’ve sold mine. Show us how they move forwards and back, or specifically which part moves. I should have spent more time on mine but they sold pretty quickly and their my least favourite classic era Recaro (after orthopads).

No I do not want to buy 2 of the same side seat. :dk:

As for “recaro did specific adapters! gathering information solely from youtube and ggogle is never a good idea. “

I know Recaro did specific adapters, I didn’t know they did electric subframes or adaptors for the OE electric subframes, every set I’ve had came with manual, and I never bothered to read the catalogue’s. I wasn't exactly shouting they never existed now though was I?

View attachment recaro_seat_brackets.pdf

For anyone else, if you don't want to make your own. 85.52.09 is for manual seats, 85.51.09 is for electric bases.

Here is a picture of both...

https://www.drive2.ru/l/3710436/

Found on google. :thumb:

LOL! ive never bought or bid any recaros on ebay you must have me mistaken for someone else. anyway it wasnt a bitchy comment, just light hearted but hey your the expert not me.

Last edited:
ive never had any contact with you via ebay or any forums (i think) and certainly never bid on any of your ebay items. show me(all of us) proof that i bid on a item and never paid/collected and i will pay that amount to any charity this forum would like me to.
cant say fairer than that!

Well that’s rather bold of you. I’ll explain how I deduced that, you are psa, selling 2 left hand sided CSE’s, which was listed on ebay, without pictures, by “bobsthi” who, at about a year ago bid and won on 1 single passenger side black leather C81 ideal seat for around £400. Your feedback was set to private at the time. Now as I’m sure you probably know I can’t bring the auction or the history up because payment wasn’t recorded and ebay remove the advert from their history once that happens.

I won’t hold you to donating to charity (don’t all the MDs take £100k a year anyway?) but I will request a donation to the petrolhead charity.

1) A video/photos of a CSE moving back/forth, I’m intrigued as to how/what moves.
2) A video of the 348 doing a full launch, extra points for a bit of smoke, angle and danger factor. Here is some inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRLggRd6y7w

Ok i see where this is going. again ive never bid on any recaro seats on ebay especially c81 as they wouldnt be correct for my car! ive had mine for many years, why would i want to buy yours.
yes i did have some seats for sale and i do have another set too but thats easily worked out sherlock.

Im not "amgpartsuk" so therefore i cant sell a similar item??

why do i need to show a video of the 348?

its quite clear why you where defending the integrity of car and trying to harm my character, once ive sold my set you can have the whole of ebay uk to yourself and sell as many recaro seats/accessories to your hearts content.

That was rather defensive. You don’t need to show a video of the 348, I thought it would be lighter hearted than your suggestion of sending £400 to charity. Aside from that, mainly, it would put a smile on everyone’s face, and I assumed you too.

Never said anything about you not being able to sell seats, just pointed out that a bobsthi on ebay bought a seat and didn’t pay for it, and that you listing the 2 CSE’s on ebay and another forum is how I noticed.

I’m not angry, just disappointed.

As for defending the car, have a re-read, merely trying to correct misinformation. Together, we can make google a better place. :p

i'm still hear, just don't post, bored of all the experts who only 'know' what makes their reality correct, and the pointless arguing.

(p.s, my friend took all the interior out of his car, to lighten it and it then did 100000 miles an hour!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom