30year old new merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think I'd be keen on 240D.

Anyway the obvious would be tyres, checking all other rubber components and a change of fluids. So, handy enough I'd imagine.

P.s. Headlights would require changing also.

What is it with leaving coffee beans on passenger seat? :confused:

A perfect example for Mark Cosovich to restore to how it should be

To me what is the point, it can't be used. The value is in it's very low milage (kilometers)

What's happened to that gearlever?

this-30-year-old-mercedesbenz-is-in-near-perfect-condition-5.jpg

What's happened to that gearlever?

this-30-year-old-mercedesbenz-is-in-near-perfect-condition-5.jpg

Looks like it's growing something! Seems strange, as it would suggest that it's been damp inside, so there could / should be other mouldy bits.

It's probably only good for a collector or museum.
What paperwork would be needed to get this thing on the road ?
Lovely colour (-:

But is it for sale? It's something Merc may be interested in for the Stuttgart Museum.

Nice old thing. Performance might best be described as glacial- possibly slow enough to make driving in present day traffic a nerve wracking experience.

Looks like it's growing something! Seems strange, as it would suggest that it's been damp inside, so there could / should be other mouldy bits.

In fact if you look at the door card in the background that looks like it could have patches of mould on it?

Coffee beans might be there in a vain attempt to absorb moisture when car was stored. Doesn't look to have been too successful.

Definitely mould in there, but given it's all manmade fibres plastics etc it will clean off. A remarkable thing to do, but sitting in it going nowhere for 30 years is almost the same experience as driving one...

Nice. If one were minded to 'invest' c. 15k, one would not plough it in to a tractor. There's probably more to the story, he's smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom