33Years .......... :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, I am afraid it was my fault, I put my hand up, I did ask these questions.
Didn't intend to get you in trouble Mark...... Maybe in a few days I will be allowed by them with the power, to place a wanted ad.... :)

12 posts ... only 18 to go and I can place a Wanted Ad .... :)

Currently borrowing the wife`s ... and now I am going to swear .... BMW 420 Cab ..... and looking for a new car . I am looking for a ..........
I think there is a 30 day limit as well as 30 posts but you said it was removed?
A member on here asked what I was looking for and I said a C63 ..... the powers that look after the site took the post down.
I half understand how it works now. I thought all I had to do was post 30 notifications or replies.

This is what it states at the top of the site when I open it ....

Dear Blueberry, You will not be able to use the Private message facility or reply/post to classified threads unless you have a 30 post count. To post a new message please see the sticky post in the new members introductions area. The new members area can be found under General Discussion.

I am looking for a new car and thought this was a good place to look. Many people on the site know and love Mercedes. I did not try to place an ad or try and sell anything.

Last edited:
Can you not see the For Sale section on here as a new member? Anything for sale by members and the trade will be on there

Can you not see the For Sale section on here as a new member? Anything for sale by members and the trade will be on there
Hi, I can look at the For sale section just can not put a wanted ad on there... :-(

Stops people joining to try and sell their stuff without adding any value to the forum.
If someone is selling Mercedes parts that in its self is adding value to the site ... ;-)

I think SarahAnn200 's point is that anything that is available will be posted there. People are unlikely to wait or react to your wanted ad before posting in For Sale
A lot of people never think of selling until someone asks then that is that catalyst

Bearing some of the guilt here.... I think I can now see the admins' point.

On the balance of probabilities, someone with an item to sell or buy, is unlikely to post it in just one forum then sit and wait. Chances are that the seller/buyer has posted in several forums.

Therefore there's no particular reason to assume that the advertiser will remain a member and become an active contributor on this specific forum.

No disrespect to present company, but I can see why the admins are reluctant to let the forum become a place where people come on for a single advert, then disappear.

Bearing some of the guilt here.... I think I can now see the admins' point.

On the balance of probabilities, someone with an item to sell or buy, is unlikely to post it in just one forum then sit and wait. Chances are that the seller/buyer has posted in several forums.

Therefore there's no particular reason to assume that the advertiser will remain a member and become an active contributor on this specific forum.

No disrespect to present company, but I can see why the admins are reluctant to let the forum become a place where people come on for a single advert, then disappear.
I have owned many Mercedes over the last 33 years but have never really needed to ask advice as I seem to find it on the net by myself.
Also I have found that if you take the time to learn how to read there is a handbook supplied with the car ... ;-)
Reading some of the questions asked on here I feel some of these members have only been let out for the weekend ... Ha Ha.
I could place some really sarcastic comments but do not want to get banned straight away .... Ha Ha .. ;-)

I have owned many Mercedes over the last 33 years but have never really needed to ask advice as I seem to find it on the net by myself.
Reading some of the questions asked on here I feel some of these members have only been let out for the weekend ... Ha Ha.
I could place some really sarcastic comments but do not want to get banned straight away .... Ha Ha

"Ask advice..."? Ha! You should check the Off Topic section. No advice sought or given, but plenty of opinion delivered by opinionated members (myself included...)

"Ask advice..."? Ha! You should check the Off Topic section. No advice sought or given, but plenty of opinion delivered by opinionated members (myself included...)
I will check it out it might help me with what is allowed and what is not ......

Also I have found that if you take the time to learn how to read there is a handbook supplied with the car ... ;-)
I could place some really sarcastic comments but do not want to get banned straight away .... Ha Ha .. ;-)

A manual?? Mine's an automatic
You're absolutely right, they let me out but wont take me back, cant understand why :dk:
I'm sure you're more than capable of posting sarcastic comments but if you really want to get to that 'special' 30 posts/30 days goal, its probably best not too.
Hope this helps :thumb:

You're absolutely right, they let me out but wont take me back, cant understand why :dk:
I'm sure you're more than capable of posting sarcastic comments but if you really want to get to that 'special' 30 posts/30 days goal, its probably best not too.
Right ....... I will keep my comments very nice and polite and not sarcastic in any way, shape or form as I would hate to offend those with world power ..... ;-)

Right ....... I will keep my comments very nice and polite and not sarcastic in any way, shape or form as I would hate to offend those with world power ..... ;-)
Oh by the way mine was an Automatic but I had to operate it manually .... funny isn't it

Oh by the way mine was an Automatic but I had to operate it manually .... funny isn't it

I have looked on there but it appears that at the moment there are no W205 C63 on the market, but thank you for your advice.... :)

Welcome :)

Keep going, only 7 posts to go! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom