55 K as a daily driver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozi.g

Car
C63s Convertible/AMG GTS
Hi guys.

I'm just wondering how many of you use your 55k's either the CLS or E's as a daily driver? And if you have been doing so whether you have had any issues arise from this. I appreciate these cars are pretty bullet proof and one of the main expenses would be the fuel consumption. But apart from that would there be anything else to watch out for. I have started using mine as a daily and so far I haven't had any cause for concern.....although it has only been a few weeks :D

Not a 55k but I use my E63 as a daily

Love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Make's the journey to and from work much more pleasant.

Not a 55k but I use my E63 as a daily

Love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Make's the journey to and from work much more pleasant.

I have to agree. I was contemplating using a smaller more economical car for daily driving and have the 55 for weekends but I feel it defeats the objectivee of having, using and enjoying a nice car on a daily basis. Hence why I've decided to use it daily.

Bet the fuel costs are astronomical!!!

The fuel bills are pretty heavy but I think anyone that buys this kind of car factors this into the equation before making the purchase. If you can't afford the fuel then forget about an AMG. Also for me because of previous cars I've ran I'm accustomed to the fuel bills. Although I have to admit this one is heavier than most I've had!!

Use mine as a daily driver, the mrs uses the S4 (4.2 V8), could cry at times at the fuel costs, but as you rightly said, don't buy these type of cars for their economy or associated running costs!

24/7 Car, contemplated sleeping in it as well, would be a much more peaceful life :wallbash:

I use mine as daily driver, no issues other than fuel costs which we all know and appreciate. I use the missus' hatchback if I go anywhere that involves public car parks though!

The Big engines love to be run,the more the better,your battery will be charging,oil will be circulating,and it will be getting warmed up,all good,enjoy!

Mine's a daily and missus drives her 4L V8 ML to work 6 days of the week too. We're both self-employed though (different lines of work so can't carpool) so our places of work have always been not far from home.

If your doing a few miles, then I would avoid the 55 AMG, unless you have deep pockets or get a mileage payment from your company, I personally don't do many miles and have a 2nd car, otherwise I would avoid large engines all together, based on fuel costs alone. There are some pretty quick Diesels to be had these days, and while they wont hit the 1/4 mile at 160 MPH +, for a daily driver will give you 80% of what you are after, and good fuel economy

11k/yr and 20.63mpg ave

The smiles per mile are off the scale though!! :D:D:bannana::bannana:

20mpg average very good!

wife uses nearly everyday but only about 5-10 miles... its my second car... dread driving this in London everyday and use battered Skoda everyday which has enough marks to make me think twice about using the E55 and use this just for going to areas like St Johns wood! I bought car on knowledge I would only do 5000 miles per year... this was done in previous Zafira diesel and then in petrol X3.

Mine was meant as a weekend treat but, from the day I collected it, it became my daily car. Usually get 18-20mpg on my 16 mile round trip commute, and using it as a daily has not caused any problems (other than such comfort and performance are now 'the norm').

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom