'A' class Grill mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mxs

Car
ML320 CDI Sport
Hi fellow 'A' class owners

I thought this simple inexpensive mod was worth a mention, namely replacing your grill with a A210 EVO grill which can be purchased through MB main dealers for £27.48 plus VAT.

The grill comes without the silver top strip and the MB 3 pointed star badge, so you will have to remove these from your old grill to swap over to the EVO replacement.

I did mine a couple of weeks ago, and whole job done in less than 20 mins!

They come in silver finish, and looks great contrasting against my volcano red paint work.

I have part number if anyone is interested.

Mark

Originally posted by Brian WH
Photo please.
lol yeah don't go posting stories about cool grill mods without also posting pics! How are we supposed to know what we're getting? ;)

There is an A210 evo in the carpark at work, if I remember to bring my camera in with me I could take a pic of the grill...

Shude

If you could get a pic please, I am working offshore at the mo, and cannot get pic posted on the site until end of the month, so it would be cool if you could post one m8!

:cool: :cool:

Originally posted by mxs
If you could get a pic please, I am working offshore at the mo, and cannot get pic posted on the site until end of the month, so it would be cool if you could post one m8!

Great, so I have to stalk the A-class owner at work then! ;) Get ready for some blair-benz-project style pics!

Originally posted by mxs
Nice one m8 !!
The A210 is in the car park right now, it's 744 silver (I checked and it only comes in silver or black anyway! ) . It has a nice AMG exhaust and some nice wheels. I didn't see the grill, but I will go back at lunchtime and take some pics :) BTW the car is seriously dirty, I saw it a week or two ago and the whole back of it was the same colour - brown (MBenzNL style! ) .

Pics to follow.

Originally posted by Shude
...I will go back at lunchtime and take some pics :)
OK I have pics now. I will upload when I get home!

The grill looks ok but I don't see how it's different to a normal grill, there is a normal one in the carpark too so I might take some pics of that if it's still there later.

ok, here are the pics of the A210 Evolution.

evogrill1.jpg

evogrill2.jpg

evogrill3.jpg

evoside.jpg

evorear.jpg

evointerior.jpg

Looks nice eh? :)

Thanks Shude - some really nice pics of the EVO.

other 'A' drivers will notice the grill differences straight away!

Thanks again for taking the time to get the pics.

Mark

That is one nice looking motor.

MXS, keep the mods list coming, potential A-CLass owner here!

Although my budget will probably only stretch to a A140 Classic :( and I really really want an A170CDi Avantgarde. :cool:

I notice that the A210 has parktronic .... Anyone that needs parktronic to park an A class shouldnt have a licence ....

Its a covered in go cart , you can almost touch either end when you drive it:D

Sven (Surf Blau) here (for some reason it is impossible to log out Steve MBenzNL!!);

I see Evolution wheels, two-tone leather, foldable mirrors and parktronic.. The Evolution grill is different as it is silver and has holes in the horisontal bars...

Looks nice, but kinda like a dune-buggy :p

I heard the bo**ocks getting reved out one this morning .... It doen't sound that good even with that big AMG exhaust on it...

OK Vikj

This is what I have done first:

Changed dealer fitted head unit for Alpine CDA-7998R HU
DLS component speakers up front.
DLS 3 way amp & 10" Sub in the boot

De-badged all over apart from 3 pointed stars.
Replaced grill with EVO one.
Changed out stock pedal covers with shiney (bling!) EVO ones.
17" Mille Muigulla Alloy wheels with 205-40-17 tyres

Whats next?
Limo tints, H&R lowering springs, Powerflow exhaust system, alloy dash kit, MB center armrest.

Will post pics when I get back from offshore on 26th March

Mark

Sounds cool.

Went to see an A140 yesterday at the local Dealer to have a better look inside. I think I can stretch to 6.5k now so should be in the market for a 1.4 or 1.6 Elegance or a slightly higher mileage Avantgarde.

How do you find the 1.4 engine? It'll only be used as a second car around town and maybe the odd long distance trip.

Vikj
6.5K should get you a fairly good example 1.4/1.6 elegance with decent mileage! My 1.4 engine is quite refined I think, very smooth & quiet, and returning well over 40mpg combined motorway/town driving. It is suprisingly nippy, and cruses @70mph under 3000 rpm.

Its worth test driving all cars across the range before making a decision to buy!

Mark

Has anyone got a part number for the A210 Evo Grill ? It will be getting fitted to a W168 99 V Reg.
THanks alot ;)

Has anyone got a part number for the A210 Evo Grill ? It will be getting fitted to a W168 99 V Reg.
THanks alot ;)
According to the Russian site:

1688880060 : SUPPORT BLACK CLASSIC *002
1688880260 : SUPPORT BLACK CLASSIC *004
1688880160 : SUPPORT PAINTED IN COLOR OF CAR, STATE COLOR WHEN ORDERING ELEGANCE/AVANTGARDE *002 *904
1688880360 : SUPPORT PAINTED IN COLOR OF CAR, STATE COLOR WHEN ORDERING ELEGANCE/AVANTGARDE *004 *906
1688880460 : SUPPORT << Evolution grill!

This is backed up by the evo-specific page on the Russian site but I thought I'd post all the variations for future reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom